Keto green beans with cream cheese and garlic is a simple, under 10 minute green been side dish that is low carb and keto friendly. This truly is an easy side dish to whip up but full of flavor in each bite.
Simple Green Bean Dishes
When it comes to side dishes, often I get turned off from making anything other than frozen veggies and butter on the side of the plate. Its easy to get overwhelmed during the school week and think chicken/corn, chicken/broccoli, chicken/peas….so having easy dishes that really dress up your sides without too much work are a must.
Now when it comes to green beans, there is no double that green been casserole with cream of chicken is about the most flavorful thing you an make. But that shouldn’t be the only time you make green beans during the year.
Are Green Beans Low Carb?
Yes! Green beans are a great source of healthy vegetables that provide wonderful nutritional value.
While a lot of keto or low carb dieters prefer to use their net carbs in other ways, I love the healthy green bean.
You can easily enjoy a cup of green beans with only 7 carbs! There really are a lot of kinds of beans and while the “green” kind get the worst rap, to me, they are also the best tasting and worth it. Plus, should you really feel guilty about eating a side of veggies?
Is Cream Cheese Low Carb?
Cream cheese is another low carb option and since its a dairy, is also super keto friendly a great way to get some fats in. You can expect about 3.5 cards in a 3 oz container of cream cheese.
Keto Green Beans
There are so many choices when it comes to beans. You can either get canned whole green beans, use fresh green beans, or use frozen but thawed green beans. Here is the break down, depending on which kind you use. *note: you just need one kind, not all kinds!*
- 2 cans of drained whole green beans (equaling 30 oz)
- 14 oz of fresh but boiled green beans
- 1 bag of frozen green beans
You also need 2 tablespoons off a block of cream cheese, butter, and some seasonings.
This recipe is easy to scale back.
Please note in my recipe images here, I used some frozen AND canned green beans to get the variation of colors (and because I had some frozen left over that I needed to use up!)
Green Bean Side Dishes
Need more side dish recipes to enjoy your green beans??
- Cold Green Bean Salad with Feta Cheese
- Skillet Green Beans with Almonds
- Lima Bean Salad
- Hot Southern Style Green Beans
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- salt & pepper
- 30 oz drained can of green cut whole beans OR 1 bag frozen green beans
- Pour drained or frozen green beans, plus minced garlic, into a skillet on medium heat. Heat for approximately 3 minutes to warm up.
- Now add 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and stir until all combined, heating for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with salt and pepper
- This simple dish can be served with bits of bacon, crispy onions, or if keeping keto free, try Keto Cheese Crisps for your crunch.
- I do not recommend using french green beans as the cream cheese makes the dish heavy and your beans will get limp and supersaturated
- Nutritional values are hard to calculate as the measurements are picking up all the green bean options as being in the recipe, so please use your apps to calculate
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.