Keto Egg Salad with Dijon mustard is a healthy, delicious, and keto-friendly egg salad that is a perfect power lunch. Serve up on some lettuce or eat right out of the bowl; egg salad is one of the best ways to feel full while adding a lot of energy as a lunch.
Not on Keto Diet? Do not worry! This egg salad is perfect for ANYONE and contains no special sweeteners – a fantastic base egg salad for ANYONE.
Keto Egg Salad Recipe
While making egg salad is quick, boiling eggs can be a real hassle if you are not prepped. I have found that using my pressure is the best way to boil a ton of eggs at once quite easily!
Check out my Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs tutorial for perfectly peeled eggs (which make great deviled eggs, egg salad, deviled egg dip salad). Then you can seal and store boiled eggs in the fridge for salads like this up to one week after they are cooked.
My full recipe is at the bottom!
Egg Salad Variations
Simple egg salad like my recipe just beg for additions and variations. You can absolutely add more ingredients to your egg salad, just be careful that if you are trying to stay on a healthy keto-friendly diet, those additions need to also be keto.
- Dill – add 1/2 tsp of dill seasoning.
- Pickles – pickles may or may not be keto-friendly depending on where you get them. Some store-bought pickles contain sugars, so please be aware when picking them out. Just cut up your pickles and add to your salad
- Olives – black olives taste delicious in an egg salad. They are also high in fat and low in carbs
- Chicken – Canned chicken makes a great protein addition
- Tuna – Just like chicken, you can add drained canned tuna to an egg salad for a high protein and low fat variation
- Bacon – Need some crunch? Add cut-up bacon. Start with 1/4 cup or less.
- Avocado – Avocado is one of ketos best partners in crime. Add avocado to your salad!
- Celery – chopped-up bite-sized pieces of celery
- Mustard – this recipe uses plain Dijon mustard, but you could just yellow mustard, spicy mustard, or (not keto friendly) honey mustard
Is Egg Salad Keto?
This recipe for egg salad is keto friendly and a healthy egg salad alternative to many other recipes. Plus, it’s amazing. The keto is just a bonus; keto lifestyle or not, this is an amazing egg salad. Please note that this recipe uses Dijon mustard, NOT HONEY Dijon mustard.
Serving your Egg Salad
When you are on a keto diet, normal bread is totally out. Here are a few ways to eat your salad – the affiliate links go to Amazon so you can read more about these options.
- keto friendly tortillas
- coconut wraps
- carb balance tortillas
- lettuce wraps
- in a bowl
- as a dipper for celery
Can you freeze Egg Salad?
No, I do not recommend that you freeze egg salad. Mayo does not freeze well and the texture will completely change on thaw. It is best to make egg salad fresh and serve within a day.
Dijon Mustard Egg Salad
Serving: recipe makes approx 2 cups of salad depending on the size of your egg.
- 8 boiled and chopped eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4th tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and done! Serve on toast, crackers, or eat with a spoon.
Love this keto salad idea? Try my Keto Broccoli Salad too!