This deliciously filling chicken bake, perfect for potlucks, parties, and weeknights, layers tender chicken breast with buttery Ritz cracker topping.
Serve as a main dish meal, on a sandwich, or directly on chips as a multi-use recipe that makes this one of the best chicken casserole recipes ever.
Why you will love this Million Dollar Chicken Recipe
Serves great alone…or not – Pairing this million-dollar chicken casserole with pasta/egg noodles or rice makes this recipe super hearty.
Flavors you can count on – Totally easy to make, this creamy flavor combination is one of the best weeknight dinner casseroles that bring comfort food to the next level.
Homemade or take it easy – Use a pressure cooker to shred chicken quickly or purchase Rotisserie chicken for corner-cutting time savings.
- cream of chicken soup
- cottage cheese
- cream cheese
- diced onions
- Seasoning – creole seasoning, garlic powder, dried parsley, and onion powder.
- cooked and shredded chicken
- buttery crackers
- butter, melted
- fresh parsley
How to make Million Dollar Chicken Casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9″ square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add soup, cottage cheese, cream cheese, onions, and seasonings in a bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in juicy chicken. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Crush the sleeve of crackers and combine with butter in a small bowl. I gently crush my crackers in the sleeve, but be careful and so it over a bowl as it usually breaks the bag open.
- Toss to coat crackers with butter.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top of the mixture and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Let golden brown chicken mixture stand for 10 minutes before serving, topped with chopped fresh parsley or green onions.
How to serve Leftovers
If you have leftover chicken and need to reheat it, add a little milk to the mixture and microwave it, which should be fine.
Add additional flavors
Instead of the suggested seasonings, add a package of ranch seasoning.
Nothing goes better with a chicken casserole than cheese. Add shredded cheddar before the Ritz crackers for a thick melty cheddar cheese topping. Other shredded cheeses like Colby Jack or Mozzarella are also fine to use to taste.
Ricotta cheese can substitute for cottage cheese.
This dish is perfect for using leftover rotisserie chicken and makes the ultimate comfort food.
Not listed, but fine to use are black pepper and, of course, season with salt. I leave these optional as soups usually have a high sodium content.
Serve with these Side Dish Recipes
Did you know you can dice green beans? Skip the long stringy green beans and opt for a spoon full of diced green beans and bell peppers for a unique and tasty dish.
Sauteed carrots stove top are easy to make alongside a million-dollar chicken bake recipe and do not require an oven.