Looking for perfectly crispy potatoes and crunchy bacon? Learn how to make this easy side dish with the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer (or any Air Fryer) with thinly sliced red potatoes and fresh cut bacon.
Crisping up potatoes has never been easier! No splattering oil or under cooked potatoes when you use a Ninja Foodi to Air Fry. Plus, yum!
Here is what you need to gather to get started – As always, scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this recipe and also watch my video to see these potatoes in action! Or simply make this recipe and eat for a hearty, savory and filling breakfast!
- baby red or blush potatoes
- bacon (6 oz worth)
- onion powder
- garlic salt
- freshly ground peppercorn
How to make Bacon & Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi
Note: Recipe below is in the Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart version.
The best thing about this recipe is that its simple and requires not much more than cutting! No oil, no sprays go into the Air Fryer – the grease from the bacon will take care of the flavor and sizzle. This is true for all Ninja Foodi Recipes!
- In air fryer bacon and potatoes, prep the potatoes by cutting about half of a 12 oz. bacon package into about 1 inch pieces. It IS OK if you use the whole package if you love a lot of bacon!
- Combine sliced potatoes and sliced bacon into a mixing bowl and sprinkle with garlic salt, onion powder, and some fresh peppercorn. Use as much or as little seasoning as you want.
- Add sliced potatoes and bacon into air crisp basket.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on Air Fry on 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- You will need to open and toss your potatoes and bacon approx. 3-4 times while cooking. This ensures that all sizes of the potatoes can crisp up and bacon is evenly distributed.
- Roasted Potatoes are done when at the desired golden outside and bacon is good and crunchy.
- First thing to note when you are Air Frying up vegetables, specifically ones like potatoes, is that the there is a fine line in too thick and too thin in the slicing. If you slice them too thick, they do not cook quickly and you could be waiting longer than you want.
- If you slice them too thin, they can burn. And keeping each potato slice even is also important or you will have half done and half not done.
- Just a nice smooth thin but not too thin slice – the ones I did below could have been *slightly* thinner for more of a final crunch.
- Watch the ends of the potatoes because I left mine too thick. While they were great, they didn’t have a crispy outside as much as the others.
- Thin slice potatoes and small cuts of bacon into a bowl
- Air Fryer on 400 for 25 minutes
- Toss 3-4 times during timing
- Serve when golden
Need some more delicious potato side dish recipes? I love using a Ninja Foodi to make potatoes, but there are several ways to enjoy these little bites of goodness!
A fan favorite from readers here are the oven roasted large melting potatoes, which leave you with a crispy shell and soft center.
Buy A Ninja Foodi!
The Ninja Foodi is an all in one Pressure cooker, Air Fryer, Sauté, Slow Cooker, even dehydrator, in one machine. I own a 6.5 quart and an 8 quart version.
Its been such an amazing kitchen tool for me personally. If you do not own one but want dinner to be easy, you really should consider the investment.
I use it a lot in my personal cooking life and just started expanding and sharing my recipes here on Salty Side Dish – hoping to inspire you to cook some yourself. Once you see how EASY it is to use, gone will be the making dinner excuses! I have found that this machine products the best results in an instant and having tested the Instant Pot, Vortex, and the Ninja Foodi, I ADORE this machine.
Check out the specs and see if its a fit for you by clicking here.
Ninja Foodi Roasted Potatoes & Bacon
- 1 pound thinly sliced baby red potatoes
- 6 oz. bacon cut into 1 inch bites
- garlic salt
- ground peppercorn
- onion powder
- Slice baby red potatoes into thin (not potato chip thin, just thin) slices.
- Cut 1/2 package (6 oz.) bacon slices into one inch bites.
- Combine sliced red potatoes and cut bacon into a mixing bowl and season generously.
- Add potatoes and bacon into Ninja Foodi Air Crisp Basket. Close Air Fryer Lid.
- Air Fry (Air Crisp) on 400 degrees for 25 minutes, tossing potatoes and bacon approximately 4 times until potatoes are cooked and golden and bacon is crispy.