Ninja Foodi makes MACARONI AND CHEESE simple with a pressure cooker and air fryer in one.
Multiple layers of whole cream, butter, and cheese make up a traditional, classic, homemade macaroni and cheese. Plus check out variations to truly make this 20 minute dinner your own.
This is a simple, no fuss, easy homemade macaroni and cheese recipe perfect for your Ninja Foodi. Because this recipe requires both a pressure cooker and an air fryer, it’s uniquely made for a Foodi, but if you already have pre-made pasta, you could likely do this recipe in any Air Fryer from that point in the recipe.
Ninja Foodi Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
My family is really picky about macaroni and does not like extra additives, but mac and cheese is one of those great recipes to get creative with. Down below I have listed a few variations to amp up your recipe if you want.
Texture of this recipe: Just like oven baked mac n cheese!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- Macaroni Elbows
- Heavy whipping cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
NOTE ON CHEESE: Shredded Cheddar is the cheese typically used for a homemade recipe like this, but my kids personally find cheddar a bit bitter. Cheese blends create a softer more savory and less bitter taste when considering assembling your recipe.
Don’t have a Foodi? YOU GOTTA GET ONE. Check out current price on all the machines here.
Pressure Cook Macaroni Noodles
- Before you get started, you first need to pressure cook the macaroni noodles.
- Add entire box of Pasta and four cups of water into Ninja Foodi Pressure cooker on HIGH for 6 MINUTES.
- Once done, use QUICK RELEASE.
- There should be no water left. Once macaroni noodles are tender and ready, move onto step two of this recipe.
Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese
- This is step two once noodles are pressure cooked!
- Leaving your cooked macaroni noodles in the pressure cooker bowl, add nearly all of the shredded cheese (reserving a bit for a top layer), pats of butter, heavy whipping cream and salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and close up with the Air Fryer lid.
- Air Fry macaroni for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Open lid and check on melted cheese.
- Macaroni is ready when top is bubble and slightly brown.
Macaroni and Cheese Variations
As mentioned above, this recipe is a simple, classic macaroni and cheese to easily make in your Ninja Foodi. Here are a few ideas to change this recipe up.
- Add a can of Rotel Tomatoes.
- Cooked hamburger meat for some protein.
- For the top layer, add a bit of crunchy French onions or bread crumbs to vary the topping before you Air Fry.
- Add minced garlic into the noodles.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes
Right now I am really building up and sharing my Ninja Foodi recipes. I LOVE working with it and its become a staple in my home, and I hope yours. The all in one machine is amazing. Just a few recipes I have made are side dishes like the Ninja Foodi Green Beans and Bacon, full on meals like Ninja Foodi Chicken, and appetizers like the Ninja Foodi Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos.
If you do not own one but want dinner to be easy, you really should consider the investment. What I like about the Ninja Foodi is that I can pressure cook, saute, slow cook, air fryer – literally all kitchen tools in one.
I have found that this machine products the best results in an instant and having tested the Instant Pot, Vortex, and the Ninja Foodi, I ADORE this machine.
Check out the specs and see if its a fit for you:
Once you have it, here are some amazing recipes you can test out that are easy for beginners:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken and Pasta Noodles
- Pressure Cooker Garlic Butter Artichokes
- Amazing Air Fryer Salmon in the Ninja Foodi
- Ninja Foodi Crispy Bacon and Red Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Marinated Chicken Wings in Minutes
Made this recipe? Come back and tell me what you loved (or didn’t!) so I can continue to improve. My readers help make these recipes great!