This Peach Caprese Salad with mozzarella and tomatoes is a flavorful way to enjoy peach wedges in a fresh summer salad this peach season.
Whether you are serving up a small salad plate or a whole bowl, combining authentic traditional Caprese salad recipe ingredients with fresh summer peaches is just divine.
Why you will love making this Peach Salad Recipe!
Caprese salad is one of those classic salad recipes that doubles as an appetizer and a salad. Served in high-end restaurants and regular kitchens, there really is something special about the combination of sweet fruit, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.
This Peach Caprese salad takes the traditional Caprese salad and gives it a new feel.
Taking favorite summer peach flavors, this unforgettable peach Caprese combines bold tomato, fresh soft mozzarella, and sweetened peach into a delight for all the senses.
This fresh peach salad is a bright, bold, and just-so-good summer salad that will help you dive into those sweet juicy peaches and be just the summer recipe you are looking for!
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Ripe Peaches
- Fresh Herbs
- Red Onion
- Fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Drizzle/Glaze: Make homemade Balsamic Reduction with Balsamic Vinegar. Grab a bottle from the store. A little drizzle goes a long way; this is an optional additional flavor for Caprese. Very Good!
How to make Peach Caprese Salad
Preparation is the key to great salads.
- Fresh tomatoes should either be sliced thin or bite-sized tomatoes. Slice juicy peaches into thin slices OR bite-sized pieces.
- Slice red onions into thin slices, and if you want, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes to take down some of the sharp onion flavors in fresh salads.
- Cut fresh mozzarella cheese into bite-sized pieces. If preferred, use mozzarella pearls. Tear or cut fresh basil leaves.
- Add peach slices to a large salad bowl. Dump tomatoes on top of peaches. Sprinkle fresh mozzarella pieces on the tomatoes. Place sliced red onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and season with salt. Pour dressing over salad and lightly and gently toss, covering all vegetables and fruit.
- Crackle black pepper all over the salad. Scatter freshly chopped basil leaves around the salad.
- Drizzle Balsamic Glaze around the salad and serve.
How to tell if a Peach is Ripe
Peaches can vary in color depending on the type of peach, but a more ripe peach won’t typically have any green left on the fruit. Additionally, ripe peaches are slightly soft (NOT FIRM!). Firm peaches are also super hard to cut for salad recipes.
If you get a peach that needs more time, just set it on a counter for a day or two and check the peach. Peaches in fruit bowls on top of other peaches and fruit can quickly spoil, so if making this Peach Caprese Salad, set them apart on the counter before prepping.
The key to any summer salad recipe is FRESH, RIPE, and ready fruit.
Types of Peaches for Peach Mozzarella Salad
Yellow Peaches: Yellow peaches have that strong peach smell, come in a variety of orange/red colors, and should have a little give when ripe. Such a summer staple!
White Peaches: White peaches are a tad sweeter, and honestly, they are SO good.
Nectarines: Yes, nectarines are peaches! But nectarines can be a firmer fruit and harder to cut for salads. That being said, the taste is quite similar to a regular peach and a good substitute if out of peach season.
What is Peach Caprese Salad?
Peach Caprese Salad relies on the already amazing flavors of the summer peach, the ripe tomato, and the fresh cheese to pull together a perfect combination of deliciousness.
Of course, a few bright and fresh basil leaves bring a bit of color and a little bit of pop. Drizzle on some balsamic and perfection!
While not in this recipe, slices of peaches also go amazing with other simple ingredients like slices of prosciutto and flaky sea salt. Each peach slice paired with mozzarella balls and even a bite of an heirloom tomato is like biting into the flavors of summer.
As a tip – try this salad with Burrata!
More Delicious Caprese Salad Recipes
Here are many variations of the classic Ensalada Caprese recipe just waiting to be made.
- If you love a fruit-filled Caprese salad, Strawberry Caprese Salad recipe (that doubles down as a dip) is incredibly fresh.
- A hot Caprese Dip drips with ooey, gooey cheese.
- It’s a fine savory balance with tomatoes and pasta in this Orecchiette Caprese Pasta Salad recipe!
- Truly one of the most popular appetizer recipes here on Salty Side Dish, this Caprese Ladybug Appetizer turns olives into ladybugs sitting on a basil leaf into a food work of art.