With lots of ranch flavor, this Ranch Chicken Casserole is the perfect cheesy baked dinner dish you have been craving.
A perfect weeknight dinner option, this easy, cheesy, and creamy recipe is just as fantastic as a potluck option.
Why you will love making Cheesy Chicken Casserole!
Hits the spot – There is nothing better than the flavors of King ranch and perfectly cooked chicken.
Going together, as well as peanut butter and jelly, these two ingredients make the best and most comforting partnership.
Variations galore – LIke most casseroles, you can make this one your own by changing the spices and seasonings, altering the main protein, or mixing up the types of cheese.
Moms and dads know best what works for their family, so do not be afraid to use this as a base hearty casserole recipe to create something perfect for your tastebuds!
- egg noodles
- slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- olive oil
- chicken breasts, cubed (uncooked)
- seasonings – garlic powder, onion powder, and dry ranch seasoning mix. Optional black pepper.
- sour cream
- cream of chicken soup
- Monterey jack cheese
- green onions
How to make Ranch Chicken Casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Season with garlic and onion powder.
- Place tender chicken into the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine half of the bacon, sour cream, soup, milk, and ranch seasoning and mix well.
- Pour chicken mixture over chicken and top with noodles.
- Stir well in the pan and spread evenly.
- Top creamy casserole with cheese and remaining crispy bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot, topped with chopped onions. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days
Best Sides for Casserole Recipes
Chicken casserole (and all casserole recipes, really) is an incredible comfort food choice. Whether it’s a chicken and rice recipe or a noodle base like this, there isn’t much that needs to be served alongside.
That being said, the plate can look boring, and casseroles, in general, are not the prettiest of dishes, so it doesn’t hurt to serve up some delicious and easy sides with this dish.
Serving with bread is always a must – try puff pastry breadsticks!
Quick Casserole Tips
As this family favorite recipe relies on cooked chicken, there are many ways to accomplish that over cooking up fresh skinless chicken breasts.
While I do believe fresh is best, this dish can cut some time out by using leftover chicken or pre-cooked Rotisserie chicken in a pinch.
Mix up the shredded cheese by trading out Monterey Jack for flavorful cheddar cheese or mild mozzarella cheese.
Have leftover creamy chicken casserole? Serve up in some corn tortillas or flour tortillas as a wrap.
Chicken Casserole Recipes for Dinner
Bursting with flavor and a great family weeknight meal, casserole recipes are genuinely the epidemy of a throwback dinner.
While we have so many casserole recipes on the food blog, not all casseroles are chicken related. Here are our favorite chicken ones if your family needs additional recipes for the month!
You won’t believe it, but the Fritos in our Frito chicken casserole recipe stay crunchy!
Million-dollar dinners have been a hot-button food term for years and generally mean made with cream cheese. This million dollar chicken casserole is creamy, hearty, and one of the more filling cheesy casserole recipes.
Everyone likes a dump-and-go meal, and this dump-and-bake chicken alfredo recipe keeps the weekend simple.