Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos with cream cheese, cheddar and crispy bacon is the appetizer everyone is going back for. Serve with Red Sangria for the perfect adult evening and enjoy the sweet heat!
Are Stuffed Jalapenos Spicy?
Admittedly I don’t love all things spicy. I like my salsa spicy and a bit of Cajun on my pasta, but when it comes to most recipes, that’s about it.
Which means I was really scared to try stuffed jalapeno.
If this is you, you have nothing to fear! Smothered and stuffed with creamy cream cheese and melty cheddar, the ooey gooey just makes these appetizers disappear off the plate one by one.
And because the seeds are removed, the true spice isn’t present.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy way to make stuffed jalapenos, look no further.
This easy to follow recipe will take you from a novice that may have never had these creamy bites of goodness before, to a full on expert.
SO easy to make, stuffed with a simple yet flavorful stuffing and wrapped in bacon, the only question you will have is “why didn’t I make more??”
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos Ingredients
To get started on this recipe, you need to gather the following ingredients – for full measurements, scroll to the bottom to print off an easy to follow recipe card that also makes shopping simple!
- whole jalapenos, cut in half and insides removed
- cream cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cajun seasoning (optional)
Low Carb Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
Disclaimer: Dietary information provided by Carb Manager.
If you are on a KETO or Low Carb diet, always make sure to double check your own information with this or My Fitness Pal based on the brands and weights you use. I am not responsible for the calculations but do try to provide as much information as possible for readers to make informed decisions.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Slice each jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard.
The seeds is where Jalapenos keep the spice, so when you remove those, you are left with a shell that almost anyone can enjoy.
If you are sensitive to jalapenos, you may want to use gloves.
In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese well.
Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop cheese into each pepper half, pressing in into the shell.
Its easiest to use your (clean) fingers to smooth out and get inside the jalapeno.
If you use too much mixture in the jalapeno and over fill,you will not have enough to finish.
You can either smooth out and transfer to a new jalapeno, or make more dip.
Remember that when the cream cheese begins to melt, it will ooze out of the shell, so I do not recommend over filling.
Now wrap one half slice of bacon around each pepper and place onto the baking sheet.
Take care to tuck the ends of the bacon in or finish on the bottom, or they come loose once they start to crisp up.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until bacon is done.
Depending on your oven, you may need up to 23 minutes or so.
If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp the bacon, taking care not to burn.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
- 6 whole jalapenos
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon - cut in half lengthwise
- Cajun seasoning - optional
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Slice each jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese. if you are adding seasoning, add Cajun or Cayenne directly to cream cheese to mix in.
- Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop cheese into each pepper half, pressing in into the shell. Clean fingers are the easiest way to spread the cream cheese in the jalapeno shells. Be careful not to overfill.
- Wrap one half slice of bacon around each pepper, tucking the ends in or under the jalapeno and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until bacon is done. Depending on your oven, you may need up to 23 minutes or so.
- If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp the bacon.