TikTok Cornbread, or TikTok Corn Cake, took us on a wild internet ride last year.
With over 200K Shares at the time of publication, this delicious Jiffy Cornbread recipe pairs perfectly as a side dish to our favorite copycat Wendys Chili recipe.
Sweet, buttery, and with items usually in your pantry already, this golden brown homemade cornbread is moist, fluffy, and perfectly delicious.
Why you will love making this TikTok Recipe!
There is no doubt that TikTok Creator @chopslap turned on the heat and started a Southern war when he published this sweet cornbread recipe. TikTok went wild and started accusing him of making corncake.
Regardless of what it is – bread or cake- in my world, cornbread is supposed to have an element of sweetness. And the salt he adds to this moist cornbread (or corncake) recipe is divine.
So move over your preconceived notions on what a traditional southern cornbread recipe should be and give this brown sugar, vanilla, and jiffy version a fair shot.
Sweet Cornbread Ingredients:
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Sugars – granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Dairy – sour cream, milk, and unsalted butter.
- sea salt or coarse salt (kosher salt)
How to make TikTok Famous Cornbread Recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine corn muffin mix and sugars. Mix well.
- Add sour cream, egg, milk, butter, and vanilla, and mix until smooth. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Add sea salt to the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Pour cornbread batter into the pan and bake for 27-32 minutes or until browned and the center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Cool in pan before removing and slicing to serve as a perfect side dish recipe.
- Makes one loaf of sweet corn cake.
How did we feel about this Viral TikTok Sweet Cornbread?
I put this in for 25 mins and could tell the center wasn’t done yet. And then the center fell, which I hate. Tastes OK but doesn’t look as good! Then I put it in for an additional 5 minutes.
The edges are nice and brown, but not a ton on the top like the video. Probably the pan, gas stove, lighting, and all the other things it could be! But either way, it’s delicious.
Important note – do not remove while too warm! I tried to take it out of the pan when it was too warm, and I ripped part of the top off with my knife. It’s good—moist, dense. I love the salt on the bottom!!
Expert Baking Tips
- Unlike our super popular sweet corn casserole recipe, cheesy corn casserole recipe, or Mexican cornbread casserole, this Jiffy recipe doesn’t have any actual creamed or canned kernel corn.
- Serve with brown sugar butter, honey, butter, or honey butter with your holiday meal!
- Sweeter cornbread goes great with soups, a bowl of chili, and New Year’s slow cooker black-eyed peas and collard greens.
- Add chopped jalapenos to the batter.
- Cornbread can be made in a cast iron skillet or baking dish, but the timing may have to be adjusted depending on the size and depth.
Related Viral Recipes
Great for holidays, this cinnamon rock candy recipe makes it SO easy to learn and make in your own kitchen.
Nothing says sweet and savory fall food like maple bacon sweet potatoes!
Just published, this no-bake TikTok Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake uses old-fashioned Little Debbie treats as the perfect cake crust.
For an incredible lunch, try tiktok garlic sesame noodles in under 10 minutes.
Was that Viral Recipe Delicious?
Click Here to see all the —> TikTok Viral Recipes we test over on our other site!
We break down every trending recipe and hack from your page and let you know if its worth your time.