Just 3 ingredients for a perfectly sweet brown sugar butter that makes eating bread that much more delicious.
One of my very favorite foods to eat at restaurants are the carbs. Drop a basket of rolls with honey or cinnamon butter and I am good for at least an hour. This recipe helps bring that same feeling of warm comfort that bread provides in the comfort of your own home.
Brown sugar butter, with soft butter and sweetened brown sugar, is such a delight on toasted bread and soft yeast rolls alike.
Brown sugar butter is also incredibly simple. With just 3 ingredients and very easily altered for a few flavor changes, there is no need to separate butter and sugar every again! Super sweet and filling for breakfast and brunch or great as an appetizer or side dish, this is the most delicious topping.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter Recipe
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone. Since this sugar butter recipe uses 1 stick of butter, its approximately 1/2 cup of brown butter sugar to serve.
Make sure you watch the video to see how simple and easy this condiment recipe really is!
Here are ingredients for cinnamon brown sugar butter:
- butter, softened – the most important part of this Brown Sugar Cinnamon butter recipe is the butter. Butter is really hard out of the fridge and must softened. I actually have counter butter in a butter tub so I always have at least one stick softened (if you do not have one, they are GREAT). However, if you keep your butter in the fridge, then you will need to take it out, unwrap it, and let it sit on the counter at room temperature at least 30 minutes prior to making cinnamon butter.
- brown sugar – The only difference in light brown sugar and dark brown sugar is the molasses content. Light brown sugar has about 3% molasses and dark brown has double that, at around 6%. Either one can be used to make brown sugar butter and dark brown will be sweeter.
- ground cinnamon – cinnamon keeps it simple but see below on substitutions
Brown Sugar Butter Variations
This simple and classic home town recipe for brown sugared butter needs only 3 ingredients: softened butter, brown sugar (Light or dark) and a dash of cinnamon. However, there really are other ways to savor the flavors!
Vanilla – a tiny dash of vanilla extract is a great addition for a smooth vanilla taste
Nutmeg – substitute the cinnamon for a bit of nutmeg, apple pie spice or pumpkin spice to switch up the flavors. This works great for holiday meals so the seasonings are friendly to the season.
How to make Brown Sugar Butter
Let your butter sit on the counter to get soft, about 15 minutes.
This really helps with mixing so you are not jamming the butter and trying to make it smooth while its still hard.
Combine softened butter, dark brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
Combining Brown Sugar Butter
Beat with a hand held mixer until sugar is combined, about 3 minutes.
You may want to have a spatula on hand to push out any extra bits of butter in your mixer.
Serve cinnamon sugar butter with rolls, spread on toast or just simply enjoy with all your foods that need to be buttered up!
Storing Brown Sugar Butter
Storing in the refrigerator will make the butter solidify again, but it’s always recommended to refrigerate butter.
You can keep on counter while using to make sure butter stays spreadable
Other simple ingredient recipes
Not all recipes have to be complicated! Try one of these other super simple recipes that do not require baking or cooking.
Peanut Butter Fudge – Need an easy peanut butter fudge recipe? This fudge recipe with butter, sugar, peanut butter and the right amount of vanilla is not only the easiest homemade peanut butter fudge you will make, but is also so rich and decadent just a small slice will satisfy every dessert craving you have!
Haystack Cookies – Haystack cookies made with creamy butterscotch chips and crunchy chow mein noodles are the perfect pairing for a no bake cookie done in minutes. Incredibly delicious, no bake cookies are an amazing time savor all holiday season long and so easy for kids to help in the kitchen
Marshmallow Fruit Dip – Marshmallow fruit dip is a 2 ingredient fruit dip that is super fluffy and amazing for fruit or pretzel dips. If you need a party snack in an instant, cream cheese and marshmallow fluff to the rescue!
Cucumber Dip – A truly cant just dip one time dip, this dip based with sour cream and mayo keeps you keto clean as a dip or a spread. And while this dip is so perfect for slices of cucumbers or even fried zucchini, its just as good as chip dip too! Dill-icious!
Made this cinnamon sugar butter recipe?
If you made this recipe, loved it, or altered it in any way that was also delicious, I love your feedback on what worked for you!
Please come back and let me know.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Easy Cinnamon Sugar Butter
- Let your butter stick sit on the counter to get soft, about 15 minutes. Allowing time for your butter to soften will make mixing a breeze.
- Combine softened butter, dark brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat sugar butter with a hand held mixer until sugar is combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes, using a spatula to remove any stuck butter in between the mixer.
- Serve brown sugar butter with rolls, spread on toast or just simply enjoy with all your foods that need to be buttered up!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.