Easy homemade bean dip with cream cheese is a smooth, creamy, filling dip recipe that is fantastic to serve as an appetizer or snack to a hungry crowd.
This quick and easy bean dip takes no time at all to prepare and then warm up for a creamy, smooth, and delicious dip that makes a great party appetizer or to enjoy on your own.
Bean dip only takes about 5 minutes to prepare as it’s a simple mix with typical household ingredients and then thoroughly warming in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Refried beans – I wanted to note that this recipe is easiest when you use canned refried beans, but these slow cooker refried beans are one of my favorites, and you can make a TON of beans that way, so do not discount making beans the day before and then using leftovers for this dip.
- Cream cheese – cream cheese works best when softened, so pull the cream cheese out for about 15 minutes and open up the foil. This allows the cream cheese to come to room temperature and be more pliable for mixing.
- sour cream
- Taco seasoning – You can add your favorite taco spices individually; however, I find it’s just easier to use a package of taco seasoning for extra flavor.
- cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro – nothing is more delicious than fresh herbs in a dish! They not only bring color but really bold flavors.
- tortilla chips – Homemade Tortilla Chips are the BEST and so easy to make.
How to Make Bean Dip with Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 baking pan or 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add refried beans and softened cream cheese to a large or medium mixing bowl.
- Dump in sour cream.
- Pour in a packet of taco seasoning and mix all ingredients well.
- Pour bean dip mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top the dip with as little or as much cheese as you want (The more cheese, the better)!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and the center of the dip is hot.
If you want to dial up this dip and make it the BEST bean dip ever, it’s OK to add jalapeno for some heat and some extra shredded cheese right in the pre-cooked dip.
What type of dipper goes with Bean Dip?
- Bagged Tortilla Chips or Fritos
- Bagged Regular Chips like Ruffles
- Dip friendly vegetables like carrot and celery sticks
- Garlic Chips
- Smooth bean dip into flour tortillas and fry up a quesadilla
Turn this dip into a “Supreme” Bean Dip
Refried Bean dip is terrific on its own – the cream cheese and sour cream keep it soft and creamy. And there really doesn’t need to be much but simple ingredients for this cream cheese bean dip to be excellent. But adding on additional fresh vegetables and homemade salsa brings this appetizer to the next level.
- Tomatoes – cut up tomatoes like ripe and fresh Roma or Beefsteak.
- Avocado – Avocado brings not only color but is a filling fat.
- Black Olives – Sliced up black olives, easiest from a jar.
- Extra Cilantro – Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Guacamole – Turn those avocados into a delicious and easy guacamole Pico De Gallo
- Bell Peppers – Peppers, in general, bring a beautiful festive flavor to Mexican dishes. If you use green pepper or red peppers, they work best cooked.
- Cheese – Change up the gooey cheese for Mexican blend cheese, Monterey Jack, or Pepper Jack
- Combine this bean dip with enchilada dip poured on top for a filling double-decker dip.
- Mexican Rice – Cook up and layer Mexican rice on the bottom of the dish before adding cream cheese bean dip. This quickly takes this game day appetizer dip into a Mexican side dish.
Bean dip can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days in a sealed airtight Tupperware container. Any dip with dairy has a shorter shelf life. Reheat on the stove, microwave, or oven with a fresh topping of cheese.
Absolutely! Add all ingredients to crockpot and put on low for approximately 3 hours until dip is warm. Give it a stir, add a layer of cheese on top, and heat another 15 minutes.
Nope! Homemade Bean dip is not the same as refried beans; however, bean dip does HAVE refried beans in it.
Related Dip Recipes
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Whipped Olive Feta Dip
- Whipped Feta Cranberry Dip
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Dip
- Hot Onion Dip
- Hot Melted Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- Cappuccino Dip
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!