Easy homemade bean dip with cream cheese is a smooth, creamy, and filling dip that is fantastic to serve up as an appetizer or snack to a hungry crowd.
Easy Bean Dip
This quick and easy bean dip takes no time at all to prepare and then warm up, for a creamy, smooth, and delicious dip that makes a great party appetizer or simply to enjoy on your own.
Bean dip only takes about 5 minutes to prepare as its a simple mix with typical household ingredients and then fully warming in the oven for about 20 minutes.
I wanted to note that this recipe is easiest when you use canned refried beans, but this slow cooker refried beans is one of my favorite and you can make a TON of beans that way, so do not discount making beans the day before and then using left overs for this dip.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- refried beans
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- taco seasoning
- cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
SERVE WITH: Homemade Tortilla Chips
COMBINE WITH: Combine this dip with Sausage Enchilada Dip for a delicious layered dip option!
How to make Oven Baked Refried Bean Dip
Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 baking pan or 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Set casserole dish aside.
Add refried beans, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour bean dip mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
Top with as little or as much cheese as you want!
Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and center is hot.
Bean Dip Dippers
I personally love to make homemade tortilla chips, but in a pinch you can use
- Bagged Tortilla Chips or Fritos
- Bagged Regular Chips like Ruffles
- Dip friendly vegetables like carrot and celery sticks
- Garlic Chips
- Smooth bean dip into flour tortillas and fry up a quesadilla
Create a “Supreme” Dip by adding:
- Black Olives
- Extra Cilantro
- Sour Cream
If you make this recipe and love it or alter it, I would love to know in the comments!!
- 1 can, 16 oz, refried beans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking pan or 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set casserole dish aside.
- Add refried beans, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning in a large bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Pour bean dip mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Bake dip for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and center is hot.
- Serve with a variety of dippers like tortilla chips and Fritos.
You can use black bean refried beans or regular refried beans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.