Move over man candy, cause bacon candy just arrived. This candied bacon, a fantastic way to enjoy bacon and get a kick of sugar, is just the chewy deliciousness you have been waiting for your entire life.
If you think you love bacon, you haven’t even begun to experience it yet!
And learning to make candied bacon is so easy and has so few ingredients you will wonder why it took you so long. Scroll down for this candied bacon recipe!
Why you will love making Maple Candied Bacon.
This is a whole new level of bacon. It’s amazing. It’s genuinely candied.
The outside is like sticky candy. I’m sure it would be even more delicious if it were less humid in my house, but it’s summer, and it’s hot and sticky! You can make this year-round, but anything candy and sugary does better in the fall months.
This super simple candied bacon recipe only needs four ingredients to perfection. This is a stiff, sweet CANDY with a perfect combination.
Candied Bacon Ingredients
- slices bacon
- brown sugar
- white vinegar
- pure maple syrup
Sheet Pan Observations
I did line my baking sheet with parchment paper, but the sugar deliciousness oozed out of the paper and onto the pan, and I’m probably going to toss my pan because it’s going to be hard to get it all off!
I would recommend covering the entire pan with foil so you can rip it off and toss the foil.
How to make Candied Bacon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil.
- Place bacon slices on the rack and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the brown sugar mixture onto the bacon. You will not use all the toppings and must set them aside.
- Place bacon into a cold oven, set it to 375 degrees, and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes is up, open the oven and baste the glazed bacon with additional brown sugar mixture.
- Close the oven and set the timer to 5 minutes, and baste the bacon again with the additional sugar mixture.
- Repeat this process until all slices of bacon are cooked, usually around 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon.
- When cooking is complete, remove cooked bacon from the oven and cool completely before serving. While it may be tempting, please note that heated sugar is SO hot. Do not be tempted to pick it up before this million-dollar bacon is completely cooled down.
- NOTE: I cut the maple bacon with kitchen scissors when cool.
Brown Sugar Bacon Variations and Tips
You can use regular bacon or thick-cut bacon. As with all caramelized sugar and candied bacon ingredients in the oven, monitoring timing is essential.
Change the classic flavors by adding red pepper flakes, cayenne, or black pepper to heat candy bacon.
Always a delicious snack; dust with kosher salty for some salty bacon!
Cut up small pieces and combine them with a salty snack like our caramel popcorn snack mix recipe!
Amazing Recipes Featuring Bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Tomatoes – Tantalize your taste buds with the delicious combination of savory bacon and juicy tomatoes in this mouthwatering Bacon Wrapped Tomatoes recipe!
Enjoy this easy-to-make dish’s flavor-packed combination of smoky bacon and fresh tomatoes!
Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes – Taste the savory sweetness of Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes! Enjoy the crunch of bacon mixed with maple syrup’s sweetness and roasted sweet potatoes’ creamy texture.
This a mouthwatering side dish you won’t want to miss!
Deliciously Crispy Twisted Bacon – Experience the unique crunch of twisted bacon slices, perfect for adding a delicious, savory flavor to any dish.
The perfect balance of salty, smoky, and sweet flavors and a unique texture that will keep you coming back for more.
Leave A Reply!