Cinnamon sugar pretzels are a simple go-to snack that you will gobble up as quickly as they come out. Oven-baked and slightly toasted oven pretzels with a delicious cinnamon and sugar coating are sure to be a popular appetizer snack bowl at your next event!
Why you will love this recipe
Simple: These cinnamon sugar pretzels are a SIMPLE snack with a slightly sweet sugary coating on a hard pretzel. Truly a 2-minute preparation, your pretzels come out delicious, crunchy, and deliver you that sweet and salty snack you are CRAVING.
Easy to share: This recipe makes a TON of sweet and salty snackable pretzels. This makes them perfect for appetizers, parties, gifts, and charcuterie boards.
Perfect as a trail mix: Add chocolate drizzle and WOW! Pour cinnamon sugar pretzels in a bowl and pair with candied pecans and loose M&M’s for a real treat. Great for family movie night that needs a sweet treat.
Cinnamon Sugar Coated hard pretzels are slightly oven-toasted, perfectly sweet and salty with no effort for a super easy grabbable snack.
- bag of hard pretzels
- white granulated sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
How to make Hard Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Dump bag of pretzels in a large bowl (a bowl big enough to stir in)
- Layer cinnamon and sugar in your bowl. Add oil to the bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly until incorporated. Pretzels will have a sheen to them from the oil and you can visible see the sugar granules.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper on an 11 x 17 large sheet pan. Add your pretzels to your baking sheet and spread as thin as you can.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, flipping pretzels every 8-10 minutes until done (So both sides can get roasted and toasted). They are HOT HOT HOT when they come out of the oven, so be careful.
Drizzle and Decorate
While cinnamon sugar-coated pretzels are a sweet and salty snack that you will love to eat on your own, they are also a perfect base for the chocolate drizzle.
Simply use melting chocolate of any flavor and drizzle on in stripes and let set.
Use chocolate drizzle as a sticky base for colored sprinkles. This is a great variation for holidays and fun, colorful seasonal sprinkles.
I use Snyder’s Mini Pretzels, but there are also snaps, rods, and pretzels sticks.
Pretzels go stale, so make sure you store them in a gallon-sized bag or an airtight container. If giving as a gift, place them in a mason jar and seal it tightly. As with most homemade recipes, eat within 3-5 days for optimal freshness.
Combine cinnamon sugar pretzels with chocolate candies, sugar-coated nuts, honey roasted peanuts, and crunchy Chex cereals to make a full-on snack mix.
- Popcorn Balls with Marshmallows
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Oven Baked Candied Pecans
- Candied Walnuts
- Keto Cheese Crisps
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Comments & Reviews
Andrea Hatfield says
Trisha, my kids will go crazy for these! Thank you for the recipe!