Pimento cheese dip with cream cheese is a thick and hearty southern dip wrapped up in cheddar cheese, sweet pimento peppers, and minced jalapenos.
Perfect for football and all your other gatherings, this is a perfectly easy dip ready in just 5 minutes flat with the added benefit of being Low Carb and Keto Friendly.
Additionally, this recipe doubles as a delicious cheese spread for sandwiches and tortilla wraps.
Pimento Cheese Dip Ingredient List
Scroll to the bottom of the recipe for a condensed printable version of recipe ingredients and preparation instructions. Read on for tips to this recipe that answers all your questions on freezing, storing and substitutions. Additionally this recipe contains a recipe assembly video below if you need help.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Mayonnaise (Hellmann’s)
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
How to make Pimento Cheese Dip
- Combine all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat with a hand held mixture on medium until cream cheese and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until served.
Watch the Video Recipe
Is Pimento Cheese Keto Friendly?
The dip ingredients for this pimento cheese dip IS, in fact, keto friendly. The chips, however, are not. Keep your dip keto by adding vegetable dippers like baby carrots, celery, cut up green peppers instead of chips or pretzels.
Easy Dip Variations
- Add Bacon! Bacon is always a fantastic addition to just about any creamy dip like this. Pre-cooked store bought bacon is totally fine. Just make up about 4-6 slices, cut up in bite sized pieces and add to your finished dip and stir in.
- Add More Cheese! I personally believe cheddar cheese is THE cheese for dips. It has a nice sharp flavor and is also a pretty color (and your eyes also love to eat). That being said, Pepper jack cheese would be a great change or even splitting your cheddar and pepper jack in half for this recipe would give it a little extra kick.
What to eat with Pimento Cheese Dip
- Crackers – Ritz, Club Crackers, Triscuits
- Chips: Thick chips like Ruffles or Lays
- Pretzels: Pretzels sticks or normal looped pretzel
- Vegetables: Celery, Baby Carrots, Red Peppers, Orange Peppers, Green Peppers, Raw Broccoli, Raw Cauliflower, Snap Peas
My Pimento Cheese Drama
I try not to tell stories with my recipes, but I have to tell you this one. When I was around 13 years old, a friend of mine at school had a “pimento cheese sandwich.” Here am I thinking..i like cheese, ill probably love this. I took a huge bite of her sandwich and almost gagged myself into a new decade. I have not touched pimento since. But yesterday I decided to try out some pimento dip. I wanted to make it homemade (homemade is love) and so I gathered up my ingredients and bam.
Y’all. Its delicious. Pimento cheese dip is freaking GOOD. Or at least mine is.
I don’t know what poison my childhood friend set me up with, but fresh pimento cheese dip with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayo, garlic, and jalapeno is a no joke, thick and chunky dip that is easily served with pretzels, Ritz crackers, Melba toast and so much more. The creamy cream cheese base makes it a dip that is hearty and the jalapenos and optional cumin is the right heat flavor without being unbearable.
I am absolutely so excited to bring to you this amazing Pimento Cheese dip, Keto friendly and low carb for those that are watching the waist line, and an absolute football party must.
More Killer Dip Recipes
Looking for some other amazing, cant just dip one chip, dip recipes?
- Shrimp and Cream Cheese Dip
- Corn Dip with Rotel
- Neiman Marcus Dip
- Enchilada Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Crack Corn Dip
- Knorr Spinach Dip
If you make this dip recipe, please come back and let me know any variations you made or if you liked it. I am continuously looking to alter and improve recipes for the masses and your thoughts matter.