This corn ribs craze will soon become one of your favorite ways to enjoy oven-baked corn.
With only a handful of ingredients, this viral recipe for Corn Ribs is a fantastic way to enjoy Mexican corn’s flavor profile in a unique, delicious, and exciting side dish.
Why you will love making this Viral Corn Recipe
Unique corn side dish – With fall weeks away, pieces of corn will be everywhere! This easy corb ribs recipe is an amazing way to enjoy fresh, plump corn kernels all season long. They look beautiful, and they taste lovely!
Great Thanksgiving Recipe – We love making the holidays engaging (I mean, does anyone like the same three side dishes each year??), and adding new trendy corn ribs alongside a classic green bean casserole recipe will thrill and impress your guests.
Elote Style Ingredients:
- Sweet ears of corn – Husks and silk removed. Cut corn into quarters (as shown).
- Vegetable oil – While many times different kinds of oil are interchangeable; I find that extra virgin olive oil is too strong of a flavor for this recipe.
- Seasonings – chili powder and kosher salt.
- Street Corn Sauce – sour cream, adobo sauce, real mayonnaise lime juice, and salt.
- Topping – cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
- A corn riblet can be hard to cut. After all, you are cutting the center of the cob. You will need to use your muscles. Additionally, a good sharp, heavy-duty sharp knife makes all the difference. This requires some skill, patience, and safety awareness.
How to make Corn Ribs
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut corn into strips – Slice fresh corn in half lengthwise and cut each ear of corn half in half, making four quarters for each ear. Set “ribs” onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Mix vegetable oil, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry brush, brush the blend of spices mixture over each corn rib.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then broil on high to char corn. As always, we recommend observing when using the broiler not to burn or overcook.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, adobo sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl, and season with salt.
- Mix ingredients well and spread elote-style sauce with a pastry brush onto the hot sweet corn.
- Lastly, top with cheese crumbles and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve corn pieces hot.
Do you eat the cob?
You do NOT eat the center of the corn cob. Just like in a traditional ear of corn, it holds the kernels in a strip.
TikTok Corn Rib Tips
- There are many ways to spice up seasoned corn ribs. For flavor inspiration, refer to our other street corn recipes, Street Corn Casserole, Mexican Street Corn Salad, and Grilled Mexican Street Corn.
- Just like corn on the cob, we recommend eating immediately and not storing it. The kernels dry out, and warming up can be a challenge. If you have leftover corn, strip and use in another recipe like corn succotash or corn and tomato salad.
- Other cheeses that work well for this recipe are Parmesan Blend or Feta.
Why is this called a corn rib?
This tiktok recipe is called a corn rib because the corn kernels stick together much like you would expect a beef ribs shape.
It’s a catchy TikTok trending link-baitish name for eating the corn “riblet” in a long strip.
Where did corn ribs start?
Although we saw this recipe on the FYP on TikTok, there is a rumor that the fried corn kernels being served still attached to a quarter of the cob began at the Momofuku Ssam Bar over five years ago.
Wherever the roots began, it’s making its rounds online in a very viral way!
Can Corn Ribs be made in the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a genuinely inventive machine, and yes, you can enjoy corn ribs in the air fryer too! All Air Fryers cook differently, so you may need to adjust the timing.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for approximately 12 minutes.
Related Corn Side Dish Recipes
- A top side dish recipe for the holiday season, this sweet corn casserole recipe is the only one you need.
- You won’t believe how easy making old-fashioned creamed corn is.
- While salads are often considered a summer recipe, this couscous salad recipe with corn and mozzarella is a great large quantity side to serve at parties.
- Parched corn is an addictive little snack that grandpa used to make over the fire!
Leave A Reply!