This crockpot dinner recipe, onion soup mix chicken, is a perfect end to the day without any messy kitchen or pouring over a hot stove.
Let’s get started on this TikTok Viral Recipe as we show you step-by-step how to make Lipton chicken.
Why you will love making chicken in the crockpot!
Dinner is ready when you are. Whether you are coming home from a busy day at work or are diving into meal prep, crock pot chicken breast recipes are there for you.
Nothing will be more comforting than coming home to those beautiful smells and diving right into dinner without extra work. No boring chicken here!
Produces the best chicken: There is no doubt that crock pots (slow cookers) produce some of the juiciest chicken breast recipes. Fall-apart goodness and flavorful chicken slow cooks all day in ten short minutes of prep and will make the biggest chicken fan HAPPY.
Where did this Onion Soup Mix Chicken recipe Originate?
We saw this amazing slow cooker chicken recipe making the rounds on social media. With winter on its way in for most states, more and more people are sharing what keeps everyone cozy and warm when it comes to food.
Lipton is no stranger to chicken, and it is a common combination for homemade chicken noodle soups and other slow-cooker chicken recipes.
However, we first saw this full meal with green beans, mini potatoes, and chicken appear on TikTok Recipes by creator @caleydawkins. She said, “I love a good crock pot dump recipe, so I want to show you what’s for dinner tonight.”
See the entire recipe video below:
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- chicken broth
- Lipton dry onion soup mix
- green beans drained
- bite-size potatoes – potatoes were honey gold bite-size potatoes
- Optional extra flavor always includes seasonings you may love: Black pepper, garlic powder, fresh thyme (any fresh herbs), or a tiny bit of chili pepper flakes.
How to make Onion Soup Mix Chicken in Crock Pot
- Place boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth to the bottom to cover the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle one dry soup Lipton packet on top of the chicken.
- Add two cans of green beans to half of the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes to the other half/side of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with another package of pouch soup mix and lightly toss to coat.
- Cover and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve when ready – a little bit of sliced green onions can add some extra color to the dish.
Would we make this TikTok Lipton Chicken again?
Yes! It was a delicious comfort meal the entire family loved.
I was skeptical; why would we put the beans on only half the side of the crock pot? It seemed like we should do potatoes all across the bottom, so they are closer to the broth, and then beans all across the top, but it tasted fine.
The beans do get a little mushy, but not horrible. I believe that is expected when you use canned beans in a slow cooker. The chicken fell apart; it was fantastic and juicy.
Expert Tips and Tricks
It’s easy to be worried about kitchen appliances left on all day, but crock pots are MEANT to be left on all day.
While this dish is less like French Onion Chicken with the added potatoes and green beans, it’s OK to cook the chicken with yellow onion and a can of French Onion Soup to get more of that taste.
This slow cooker dish has all the side dishes built right in but serve it with a side of crusty bread and butter if you like.
You won’t need to serve this dish on top of anything, but if you want to, suggestions are egg noodles, cauliflower rice, or brown rice.
Related Chicken Crockpot Recipes
One of our most popular and family-approved recipes is crockpot pineapple chicken. Great to serve over rice or a variety of healthy vegetables, this dump recipe is delicious.
There is no better cut of chicken to use than skinless chicken thighs. They are automatically juicier than chicken breast, but they taste even better slow-cooked. This recipe combines juicy chicken thighs with Mexican-inspired flavors, like black beans, in this slow cooker Mexican chicken.
Growing up, chicken and dumplings were a monthly menu item all winter. My family’s favorite weeknight meal, crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe, features canned biscuits.
With nearly 1000 ratings, this slow cooker olive garden chicken recipe remains popular—and controversial.
Crockpot Onion Soup Mix Chicken (Viral TikTok)
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 packets dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 30 oz. green beans canned, drained
- 24 oz. bite-size potatoes cut in half
- Place chicken breast into the bottom of a six qt slow cooker.
- Add broth to the bottom to cover the chicken breast. Sprinkle one soup packet on top of the chicken.
- Add two cans of green beans into half of the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes onto the other half/side of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with another package of dry soup mix and lightly toss to coat.
- Cover and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Serve.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.