Mexican corn dip, also known by “crack corn dip” is a cheesy, melty and delicious way to whip up the perfect Mexican appetizer, and is hands down the BEST dipping side dish you can make.
Perfectly balanced medium heat and loads of corn, this is the sweet heat you have been waiting for to dial up your football party!
If you are looking for a printable version, all the ingredients and way to print are at the bottom of the post, after helpful tips on how to make this dip recipe!
This Mexican Corn Dip is so delicious! It doesn’t have too much heat to it but the onions and chilies definitely give it that Mexican flavor.
If you want to make this dip kid safe, you can leave out the jalapenos/chilies and exchange the pepper jack for Monterey jack cheese.
The cheeses, along with the smooth cream cheese, give crack corn dip a creamy texture and is oh-so-delicious!
Crack Corn Dip
Takes 10 minutes to whip Mexican corn dip together and 30 to cook. And this recipe makes about 2 cups of dip.
You need the following ingredients to get started – for full measurements, scroll to bottom of the post for a full recipe card with measurements and a helpful way to PRINT this recipe to make it easy in the kitchen!
- corn, drained – canned or thawed frozen is fine
- diced green chilies – these come in tons of flavors and feel free to dial up the heat by adding a flavor
- diced onions – make sure these are diced tiny for bite sized flavor
- cream cheese, softened – full fat
- sour cream – full fat
- garlic powder – minced garlic is also fine
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- crackers, Frito’s, tortilla chips, Ritz crackers or even vegetable sticks for serving
Then you have a variety of the best appetizers ready to go for any party, holiday or game day celebration. You can also try this fruit salsa with cinnamon chips for a sweeter taste!
How to make Mexican Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
This Mexican corn dip is made to be served hot so you get all the melty cheese in every bite. Because of that, its also easy to keep warm in a crockpot or slow cooker so you can scoop and dip all day.
It’s slightly spicy and can also be made with Fiesta corn or added Rotel tomatoes for color and additional flavoring.
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, add corn, green chilies, diced onions, cream cheese, sour cream and garlic powder.
Mix well until combined.
Stir in mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese.
Spread your corn mixture into prepared pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese.
Bake corn dip for 20 minutes until bubbly.
Broil the top of the dip for 2-3 minutes to crisp and brown the cheese on top if you like.
Serve your dip hot with crackers.
Did you make my crack corn dip recipe? If you tried this recipe, I would love to hear what you think. I also love to hear your personal changes and how you enjoyed making this recipe your own!
Please let me a comment – some of the best changes come from users like you sharing. You can also find me on Pinterest for all my recipes and keep updated on future delicious options.
Corn Dip Recipe Printable
- 1 can, 15 oz, corn, drained
- 1 can, 4 oz, diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- crackers or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add corn, green chilies, diced onions, cream cheese, sour cream and garlic powder. Mix well until combined.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Spread into prepared pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp and brown the cheese on top.
- Serve hot with crackers.
Serving Size:4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.