You can’t have summer without a hot girl summer salad!
This tiktok viral salad recipe is perfectly delicious, totally healthy, and with millions of views, it fits our goals for sharing the most loved, most shared, and most socially exploded dishes.
One of the best summer recipes of all time, this light salad is fresh and flavorful and every bit worth your time.
Why you will love making this Summer Salad Recipe
Summer is here, and the time to feel good while enjoying the gorgeous weather is upon us.
This recipe is a delicious salad. There is no need for leafy greens or fresh spinach to chow down on a hot summer day.
Where did Hot Girl Salad come from?
We initially saw this on @thesaladlab; however, after some research, I believe the original recipe creator is Jayria @herdresscode – Both creators have amazing content so check them both out!
Jayria originally shared this salad recipe saying it helped her cut some weight and KEEP IT OFF. That’s probably due to the fantastic flavors and combination of delicious cut vegetables and homemade light dressing. Whatever it is, we agree with the entire flavor profile.
Would we make this viral side dish recipe again? Yes!
This is better than I thought it would be! HA!
I like that it has hard boiled eggs in it and no cheese. I love cheese (and eggs), but it’s nice to find something without cheese. Plus, at 8 cups of salad, this side dish can last for days and be shared at the dinner table quite quickly.
- Vegetables: Cucumbers, green pepper, and red onion.
- hard-boiled eggs
- pepperoncini, drained
- sunflower seeds
- virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- minced garlic
- dry Italian seasoning
- maple syrup
- red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
The key to this recipe is prep! Make sure to seed and chop the green pepper, chop cucumber, and chop the red onion. When chopping vegetables, specifically onions, I always use a vegetable chopper. It’s my favorite kitchen appliance next to an air fryer.
How to make Hot Girl Summer Salad
- Mix cucumbers, green peppers, hard-boiled eggs, pepperoncini, and red onion.
- Stir in sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes. Whisk well.
- Pour on top of the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate leftover salad, covered in an airtight container, until ready to serve.
While this dish uses minced garlic (and we have the BIGGEST jar of it in the fridge on standby), if you are a huge garlic lover, try roasting garlic cloves for an even BIGGER taste.
As with any salad, variations can be easily done to fit your own family’s desires and tastes.
- Protein – Try adding cooked shrimp, grilled chicken, or bacon bits. If you want protein but prefer to stay away from meat, try adding chickpeas or drained black beans.
- Nuts – I am a huge fan of sunflower seeds on my salad, so I loved seeing that additional in the original tiktok recipe. However, if you prefer to change up nuts, other salad-friendly options are chopped pecans, sesame seeds, and honey roasted peanuts.
Will this salad help you lose weight?It may! If you replace other sweets and carbs with fresh REAL food, it can help you maintain a healthy diet.
Overall, “losing weight” is a variety of factors, but this salad is most certainly a good choice as a well-balanced meal.
Related Viral Side Dish Recipes
- Garlic Bread of the Future
- One of the most delicious things you can do with leftover rice.
- This finely diced Shirazi salad recipe is worth the work.
- Doritos as a cheese stick? Yes, please.
- Golden Brown Potato Pillows are your new favorite way to whip up potatoes.
- Not all side dishes need to be complicated – try this air fried onion recipe for a quick crunchy snack.