10 minutes is all you need to whip up this delicious Tiramisu Dessert Dip!
Much quicker than an original Tiramisu Cake, you can enjoy all the flavors of mascarpone and coffee in a quick and easy dip.
Why you will love this Dessert Dip Recipe
Made with instant coffee granules, heavy whipping cream, and mascarpone cheese, this dip is creamy and thick, perfect for vanilla wafers and ladyfingers.
Italian-based, this super popular coffee-flavored dessert is great to serve for holidays and parties. Traditional tiramisu, a classic dessert and sweet treat, is made new again in dip form and requires no raw eggs.
Anyone can make this! Unlike complicated dessert recipes that require baking and careful planning, this mix-and-done dip is so kitchen-friendly that even a child can assist!
What is Classic Tiramisu?
The original Italian dessert consists of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and layered in a creamy filling.
- Heavy whipping cream – Heavy whipping cream is typically by creamers and half and half in the store.
- Instant coffee granules – Get INSTANT coffee and not regular coffee granules. They usually come in a small can. You do not need espresso powder as it may prove too strong in the dip.
- Mascarpone cheese – A super-rich and soft cheese. As a side note, mascarpone also goes excellent with dipping apples. While you may be tempted to change it out for regular cream cheese, these two ingredients are vastly different. To get the most real tiramisu flavor, do not substitute.
- Powdered sugar – Powdered sugar is the soft dusty sugar known as confectioners sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting – You won’t need too much of this; it’s mainly a slight flavor to decorate the top of the dip.
- Alternative ingredient – If only serving to adults, add a splash of rum or amaretto.
- Serve with – Vanilla wafer cookies, apple slices, animal crackers, chocolate roll cookies, or ladyfingers.
How to make Tiramisu Dip
- Add heavy cream and instant coffee to a stand mixer and beat until combined well, about a minute.
- Add mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and high-quality vanilla extract.
- Beat on low until combined, increase speed to high, and beat for 3-5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Pour mascarpone mixture into the serving bowl and dust with cocoa powder before serving.
- Refrigerate, covered in an airtight container, until ready to serve.
Best Vanilla Extract for Baking
Great vanilla is a must when it comes to making desserts! There really are a ton of options out there but our favorite vanilla is Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract.
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract is the perfect all-purpose vanilla.
- This vanilla has a flavor profile that’s full, sweet, creamy and mellow with velvety after-tones.
- All-Natural, Allergen-Free, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Kosher and Gluten-Free
How long can dessert dip be left out?
When serving at a party, food safety is always important. You do not want your dip to reach room temperature warm, usually 2 hours. I would highly recommend sitting the dessert bowl in another bowl of ice to keep the dip colder longer.
Can I replace the coffee?
You can use decaf coffee if caffeine is a concern.
Related Dessert Dips
- This Christmas Cookie Dip Recipe is a perfect not-too-sweet creamy dessert dip that everyone will love.
- All you need is a side of strawberries to dip into this easy creamy chocolate dip recipe.
- Love coffee dips? Try this ultra-delicious no-bake cappuccino dip recipe also made with instant coffee!
- Rich and quick, chocolate chip cheesecake dip will be gone in a flash!
- The most indulgent cherry cheesecake dip recipe you will ever eat – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- Absolutely a reader favorite, this peppermint marshmallow fluff dip recipe is a Christmas delight.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!