Air Fryer Dorito Cheese sticks (easily made into flaming hot Cheeto mozzarella sticks as well) are an incredible cheesy snack made with fan-favorite Nacho Cheese Doritos.
So much better than pre-made cheese sticks, this delicious appetizer recipe takes minutes to prep and air fry, making it the perfect afternoon and after-school snack.
Why you will love making Air Fried Cheese Sticks
Getting creative: Frozen mozzarella sticks with breadcrumbs will never hit your tongue the same way again once you realize that you can get creative!
Try with any chip variety or cheese variety to replicate, duplicate and change up the perfect homemade snack for game day.
Where did Dorito Cheese Sticks come from?
We have seen several flamin’ hot recipes come out of social media the last year in the previous year. This particular recipe glorifies the Dorito, a delicious and addictive snack! We love seeing how creator @ayvarisley took chips to the next level with cheese.
Check out the original viral video here.
These are good. The outside is quite crispy. I noticed it, and so did my husband. The flavor is good since it’s all in the chips, and you can add almost any variety of chips for a different array of flavors.
This viral recipe is def a modern and unique snack!
- nacho cheese chips – There are so many flavors of nacho cheese chips. We like Nacho Cheese Doritos for this dish but feel free to get creative with one of the many types of Doritos! Chili Cheese, Spicy Ranch, Cool Ranch, or Flamin Hot Doritos would all work fantastic.
- Mozzarella cheese sticks – Just a regular bag of mozzarella string cheese sticks with each piece cut in half.
Tip: The best way to crush down chips is in a food processor or a blender; however, as in the video recipe, it’s OK to add to a plastic baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
Can Hot Cheetos be used over Dorito’s?
Absolutely! Hot Cheetos like we used in Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Chicken recipe can easily be crushed and used in place of Doritos. Another excellent recommendation is to use Takis or hot cheese puffs.
Using different types of chips can change the flavor and the heat of this dish.
How to make Dorito Mozzarella Sticks
While this tasty snack can be made in any air fryer brand, the settings and terminology listed below are specific to the Ninja Foodi 6 quart air fryer. Please adjust your air fryer machine as needed.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes and set the air fryer setting at 400 degrees on air crisp.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl, place the flour into a separate shallow bowl, and put crushed chips into a third separate bowl.
- Dredge each cheese stick into the egg mixture, followed by flour, another egg wash (so it’s a double coat), and the coated cheese sticks in the crushed nacho chips.
- Place into air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure cheese sticks do not touch.
- Heat on Air Crisp for 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove air fryer mozzarella sticks and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Great Dipping Sauces for Cheese Sticks
- Ranch Dressing – Here is our favorite homemade ranch dip recipe.
- Marinara Sauce (standard for cheese sticks but may not be as desirable with nacho cheese flavor)
- Buffalo Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Any dressing for dipping should work!
Related Viral Air Fryer Recipes
- Chicken recipes have never been more delectable! Try air fryer chicken thighs for the most incredible family-friendly weeknight dish.
- Skip the oven and use the air fryer to make biscuits.
- An all-in-one air fryer breakfast recipe that will leave you craving for more!
- Did you know you can make a cookie cake in the ninja foodi air fryer?
- If your kids hate veggies, try making up some crispy dippable green beans in the air fryer. Maybe not fries but better than mushy old peas.
- Another great dippable snack, this air fryer onions recipe is full-on flavor and less on carbs.
- Serve up some steak bites!
- Love spicy? Try this Nashville hot air fryer cauliflower recipe to dial up the heat in the viral side dish recipe category.
Leave A Reply!