This easy seasoned Taco Dip Layered Recipe with delicious refried beans, seasoned sour cream, and all the extra goodies like cheese and olives is one of the few recipes that is a must for all party dip trays but also great to dig into for family movie night.
The simplicity of a dip really makes it a recipe you can repeat and this layered taco dip is no exception.
With a bottom of layer of refried beans, smooth and creamy taco seasoning, incredible salsa, and of course all the taco extras, you could just as easily add this dip right onto a taco itself!
TACO DIP GROCERY LIST
Perfect to prep and display, layered dip is as pretty to look at as it is to eat (at least until you dip in) and goes fantastic with homemade tortilla chips.
Before you get started, you need to gather up the taco dip ingredients! Once you verify you have all the ingredients available to get started, scroll down to see how its done. Full measurements are at the bottom of the post in an easy to print recipe card.
- refried beans
- sour cream
- taco seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- black olives
- tortilla chips
Making Seasoned Sour Cream
- Before you get started on the layering of the dip, mix 16 oz. tub of sour cream and packet of taco seasoning together in a small bowl.
Simple Layered Taco Dip Recipe
There are so many ways to make an amazing taco dip and this vegetarian version is perfect. Of course you can easily make this with meat of your choice, streak, ground beef and even shredded make great choices, but if you are needing a party platter, a simple layered taco dip is usually the best way to go and serves up the easiest with chips or broken taco shells.
- Spread refried beans (or you can make this simple bean dip recipe for the bottom layer) onto a large serving platter.
- Using a spatula, spread the seasoned sour cream on top of the beans.
- If you are adding beef or any type of protein or meat, add it cooked on the sour cream layer.
- Now continue layers – Spread salsa on top of the sour cream mixture and top with other favorites like lettuce, cheese, avocado, and black olives.
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa also make a gorgeous filling layers to add if you want to make your layered taco dip even fancier.
- Refrigerate taco dip until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you liked this dip recipe, no need to be a chef to whip up these other simple ingredient dip recipes!
7 Layer Taco Dip
- 1 can - 16 oz, refried beans
- 1 tub - 16 oz, sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jar - 16 oz, salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 small can - 4 oz, sliced black olives
- tortilla chips
- Spread heated and smooth refried beans onto a large serving platter. The size of the platter will be the size of your dip, so if you choose to use a large platter, just make sure you use more than one can so the dip is deep enough in thickness.
- Mix 16 oz tub of sour cream and taco seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Using a spatula, carefully spread sour cream on top of the refried beans.
- Add medium or mild salsa on top of the sour cream mixture, carefully keeping the salsa inside the sour cream ring for presentation.
- Finally, top taco dip with lettuce, cheese, black olives, fresh tomatoes, and/or diced avocado.
- Cover and Refrigerate dip until ready to serve.
- Serve with crunchy tortilla chips.
- If you want to serve this taco dip with avocado, they brown quickly so make sure you do not add till you are ready to serve.
- Instead of refried beans, try adding Bean Dip (recipe in post) instead!