Oreo Truffles are so easy to make and are a great no bake way to make a pre-meal snack or Christmas dessert.
No Bake Oreo Cookie Truffles
If you have ever wondered how to make Oreo truffles, wonder no more.
This Oreo truffles recipe is the best and can be made using ANY of your favorite Oreo Flavors.
I have to admit that I am partial the Golden Oreo’s but I have been known to up my serving size to 3 and chow down a bag of traditional Oreo’s in an embarrassing amount of time.
Oreo Truffles Recipe
These Oreo truffles are dressed up for the Christmas holiday by simply adding Christmas sprinkles, but you can also alter this to create mint truffles, peppermint truffles, or really any kind of topping!
Additionally I used milk chocolate on the truffle, but there are a variety of other types of melting chocolates like white chocolate, almond chocolate, even fun flavors like strawberry peanut butter.
Mainly what I am saying is this recipe is a great base but don’t be afraid to get creative either!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- cream cheese
- golden Oreos
- melting chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
Truffle Tips from the Cook:
- I usually coat my truffles in chocolate with a spoon and then remove them from the bowl with a fork, scraping the chocolate off the bottom.
- These probably take 20-30 minutes total to make. That might be a little longer than normal but it really depends on how quickly and easily you work with chocolate.
- Worried about melting the chocolate? This melting chocolate machine takes the worry right out and keeps your chocolate at a PERFECT temperature.
Golden Oreo Truffle Balls
Add cookies to a food processor and process for 10 seconds until fine crumbs form.
Add cream cheese and vanilla and process for an additional 10 seconds until dough turns into a ball.
Use a tablespoon size portion scoop to scoop dough into balls and shape with hands to smooth.
Important tip: FREEZE YOUR OREO BALLS BEFORE THE NEXT STEP.
Pop them into the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up the dough or it will flake when you dip the chocolate.
Microwave chocolate for 90 seconds at 50% power, stirring every 20 seconds until melted (or use a chocolate melting machine).
If your melting chocolate is too thick, you can add 1/2 tsp of oil to thin up (Do not go overboard, or it gets too runny)
Dip balls into chocolate and toss to coat.
Place onto a cutting board lined with wax paper.
Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
Put in fridge or freezer to harden (I like the freezer).
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for storing.
Of course desserts usually come after the appetizer or main meal so I don’t want to leave you hanging!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 golden oreos
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (Optional)
- 4 ounces chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
- Add cookies to a food processor and process for 10 seconds until fine crumbs form. Add cream cheese and vanilla and process for an additional 10 seconds until dough turns into a ball.
- Use a tablespoon size portion scoop to scoop dough into balls and shape with hands to smooth.
- Freeze Oreo Truffles for 30 minutes to harden and firm dough before going to the chocolate step.
- Microwave chocolate for 90 seconds at 50% power, stirring every 15-20 seconds until melted.
- NOTE: If your chocolate is too thick, add a tiny amount (1/2 tsp) to your chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Dip balls into chocolate and toss to coat. Place onto a cutting board lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
- Freeze to harden, approx 20 minutes.
- Keep stored in air tight container in fridge
I usually coat my truffles in chocolate with a spoon and then remove them from the bowl with a fork, scraping the chocolate off the bottom.
Serving Size:20 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.