Making and eating homemade pizza bites in muffin tins may be your new family favorite pizza idea. This deliciously trending TikTok Recipe needs just about 15 cooking minutes to satisfy your late-night pizza craving.
Check out why 44 MILLION people viewed and dove into pizza monkey bread as this week’s most leisurely school night meal.
Why you will love making TikTok Pizza Bites
Quick – Using refrigerated biscuit dough cuts the time down on making pizza by ages. No pizza stone, no dough hook, no complication! In fact, the only thing easier is ordering from Pizza Hut!
Delicious Appetizer – These mini pizza bites are not just for dinner. Serve as a snack, Game Day appetizer, or birthday party option to feed the littles. The simple ingredients and fast cooking time mean they can be made fresh and without much fuss when you need them!
Where did this Biscuit Pizza come from?
Making individual pizzas or monkey bread pizzas are not new in the food blogger world. Pull apart pizza bread is just about a right of passage as a parent. But mini muffin tin pizza bites burst on the scene in 2022 (again) as a perfect movie night or family-friendly individual pizza option.
A true winner with Southern flaky biscuits (canned biscuits) and a variety of favorite pizza toppings, we will never get tired of easy recipes.
The original viral tiktok recipe came from creator @oscarins_kitchen, which we highly suggest you visit and follow. He has some great content.
See the trending video in all its glory below:
- Homestyle southern refrigerator biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Olive oil
- Mini pepperoni slices, any of your favorite toppings would work, but pepperoni slices are a classic!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Dipping sauce: marinara or pizza sauce for serving
How to make TikTok Pizza Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease each muffin tin cup with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil. Using your hands, mix well, separating biscuits that stick together to evenly coat with vegetable oil.
- Add mini pepperoni, shredded cheese, and fresh basil leaves to the pizza dough and mix well.
- Place four biscuit pieces into each muffin cup.
- If there’s leftover cheese, pepperoni, and basil in the bowl, place it on top of each muffin tin.
- Bake mini pizza bites for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and use a spoon to pop each pizza bite out of the pan and serving with pizza, marinara, or favorite sauce for dipping.
We have one member of the family that isn’t a fan of traditional pizza sauce, so she uses Basil Pesto sauce on all of her pizza crust.
While we haven’t tried it with this particular pizza bite recipe, there is no doubt in my mind that it would also work in monkey bread form.
Variations – Pizza night is so fun because it’s customizable to each family member! Add any pizza toppings to these refrigerated biscuits that you love.
Try extra cheese, green peppers, roasted garlic cloves, a dash of garlic powder, diced banana peppers, or black olives. And of course, top with a bit of grated parmesan cheese and pepper flakes before serving.
Related Viral Pizza Recipes
- No dough needed, crispy tortilla pizza uses a flat tortilla to make that thing crust.
- Love pizza flavor but do not want to eat actual pizza? We got you! Try this super creamy and cheesy hot pepperoni dip.
- Another incredible viral that took the world by storm in the past year is this recipe for garlic parmesan pizza rolls.
Leave A Reply!