Ah, slow cookers—the dreamy kitchen gadget that promises a world where your dinner cooks while you manage the rest of your day!
Today, we’re diving into the comforting world of Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Chicken, and yes, it’s as delicious as it sounds.
You’re going to love this chicken dish!
Picture this: You walk in the door, and your whole place smells like garlic and cheese!
That’s what this super easy garlic parmesan chicken slow cooker recipe gives you. Creamy, cheesy, and with just the right amount of garlic, this hearty dish is perfect after a long day.
It’s comfort food that practically cooks itself—toss it all in the slow cooker and go about your day. When you get back, a tasty meal is waiting for you! It’s like a big, warm, foodie hug in a bowl.
- Fresh Chicken Breasts: boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Seasonings: Salt, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and ground black pepper
- Bottle of Parmesan Garlic Sauce: We use Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan wing sauce, but any generic brand typically works just as well.
- Creaminess: Heavy whipping cream, cream cheese (cubed), and shredded Parmesan cheese
- Carbs: Cooked penne pasta
- Optional topping: bacon, cooked and chopped for that added crunch! Also, grated parmesan cheese at the end always makes for a delicious meal.
Salty Side Dish always takes our own pictures, so you know the recipes you make here are tested and eaten in our own home and kitchen! From my home kitchen to yours, I’ve witnessed the joy this hearty meal brings.
Let’s get to it!
How to make Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Crock Pot Chicken
Prep the chicken: Place raw chicken breast into the slow cooker and season with salt, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Because pre-made dressings tend to have a lot of preservatives and be salty by themselves, it’s best not to oversalt.
Garlic Parmesan Saucy Magic: Pour the entire bottle of sauce over the chicken.
Pro tip from years of messy kitchen counters:
- Fill the bottle halfway with whipping cream.
- Shake it.
- Pour it over the chicken, ensuring you get every last drop.
Cheese, please: Plop cubed cream cheese on top and sprinkle in half of the Parmesan.
Set and forget: With your lid securely on, let it cook on high for 4 hours. Imagine a beautiful meal without having to stand over a hot stove!
Shred and Serve: Once cooked, shred the chicken, throw in cooked pasta, and mix everything. Finish with a scattering of chopped bacon and any remaining cheese, and allow to melt into gooey goodness before serving alongside a family favorite side dish.
Leftover Parmesan Garlic Chicken Storage
As someone who embraces the art of home cooking, it’s imperative to store those precious leftovers wisely for a busy weeknight dinner.
- Containers are key. Always use an airtight container to retain moisture and avoid fridge odors mingling with your dish.
- Timeframe: Aim to enjoy those leftovers within 3-5 days, ensuring you savor them at peak freshness and avoiding risk.
- Remix Your Meals: Shred any remaining chicken and use it as a flavorful addition to dishes like burritos, rice dishes, or even a tortilla filling!
Tips and Tweaks: Making Parmesan Chicken Pasta Your Own
- Swap Your Protein: Skinless chicken thighs, chicken tenders, or dark meat alternatives can alter a slow cooker recipe’s richness and tenderness.
- Sauce Adjustments: Make the sauce thicker with a cornstarch slurry or thin it with chicken broth.
- Favorite Pasta: While penne is perfect for picking up lots of sauce, using your favorite pasta type in this delicious dish is OK.
- Creamy Dream: Add more heavy cream for an extra-indulgent sauce.
- Add more flavor. Introduce red pepper flakes, a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicier kick, or vibrant lemon zest for a citrusy counter to the creamy sauce.
Serving Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Garlic Parmesan Chicken can be customized in various ways to suit your preferences and add a burst of flavor to your meal.
Here are some delicious variations that you can try to elevate this crockpot dish:
Colorful Vegetables: Add a pop of color and nutrition by incorporating colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. Sauté or roast them before serving alongside the chicken or cut and serve mixed in (once cooked and right before serving).
Lemon Zest: Brighten up the flavors of the chicken by adding some lemon zest—the citrusy tang pairs perfectly with the rich and savory parmesan garlic chicken pasta.
Crumbled Bacon: Crumbled bacon on top of garlic parmesan chicken is a game-changer for all bacon lovers. The crispy and salty bacon complements the creamy garlic and parmesan flavors.
Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle your cooked garlic parmesan chicken with a handful of fresh herbs like basil or parsley. Fresh herbs are a great way to add flavor and color to an otherwise bland-looking chicken meal.
Creamy Tomato: Transmit your garlic parmesan chicken into a creamy tomato variation for a twist. Add a dollop of tomato sauce, or Ro-tel diced tomatoes to the garlic parmesan sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes before pouring it over the chicken.
Shopping for Sauce: Where to Grab Your Ingredients
Looking to replicate the Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce magic at home? It’s available at:
- Local Grocery Stores: Check the sauce aisle during your next grocery run.
- Big-Name Retailers: Spotted at Walmart and Target too!
- Online: Grab a bottle from your home via Amazon (our favorite way to avoid the drive to the store).
Most-asked questions about Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Chicken:
Are there any alternatives to Parmesan cheese?
If you do not have Parmesan cheese or prefer a different flavor, you can substitute it with shredded mozzarella cheese or a blend of Italian cheeses.
This will still give the dish a deliciously gooey, cheesy taste.
What are some recommended side dishes with slow cooker Parmesan garlic chicken?
Popular options include:
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Cauliflower mashed potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Green beans and bacon
- Marinated Tomato Salad
- Ranch Mushrooms
While bread isn’t always typically served with a hearty pasta dish, I cannot resist a side of garlic parmesan bread with everything.
As always, feel free to choose your family’s favorite sides. There is no wrong choice.
How can I adjust the cooking time using boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Boneless chicken thighs are a great alternative to tender chicken breasts in this recipe, as they have more flavor and tend to stay moist during cooking.
If using boneless chicken thighs, it is recommended to cook on low heat for 3–4 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
We hope you enjoy this delicious and easy-to-make parmesan garlic chicken! It’s an easy, satisfying family meal on busy weeknights.
Do not forget to explore our other slow cooker dishes here.