This genius one-pan omelet hack is nearly one of the best viral recipes to come out of the For You Page ever. Known as the TikTok Egg Sandwich, all you need is two pieces of bread and some eggs to create the most decadent, perfect, and gooey sandwich ever.
Let’s get started on the TikTok Breakfast Sandwich!
Why you will love this Hack
One Pan- Everyone loves a one-pan hack. There are fewer dishes, simplicity in the recipe, and it’s a perfect go-to for a one-person meal or the whole family.
On the Go – Breakfast sandwiches are an on-the-go meal that you can carry to the bus stop, eat with one hand in the car or bring to your desk. This all-encompassing sandwich with eggs, crispy bacon, and melty cheese is a whole meal in a few minutes.
Great for breakfast or dinner – While it’s aptly named breakfast sandwich after eating traditional breakfast foods, we enjoy this at dinner time in our house! If you want a simple and easy dinner, this viral sandwich is going to hit the spot. Serve with extra bacon, hashbrowns, or some fresh fruit.
Looking for another viral egg trend? Try our Pesto Eggs Recipe with Avocado Toast.
- Bread – the original cheese sandwich uses regular white bread slices; however, once you understand the folding technique, this method should work well for toasted bagels and English muffins as well.
- Cheddar cheese – Cheddar cheese is the default for eggs, but any shredded cheese kind works fine! Suggestions I love are cheese blends, gouda, Colby, or simple American. American Cheese (in the slice version) is a super fast-melting and straightforward way to include cheese on a breakfast sandwich.
- Bacon– Freshly cooked and crumbled bacon works best but in a pinch, and to bring a little bacon flavor, bacon bits make an acceptable substitution in most breakfast recipes.
- Butter – if you prefer, non-stick cooking spray is a substitution, but you will miss out on all the great butter flavors, which help define the perfect egg sandwich.
- Eggs – We use whole eggs, but this sandwich could also be made with just egg whites as long as they cover the pan.
How to make the Viral Egg Sandwich from TikTok
- Place butter into a small frying pan and heat over medium heat until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk a couple of eggs and pour over butter.
- Cook until almost done.
- Place two bread slices on top of the eggs and press into eggs.
- Carefully flip over.
- Fold the overlapping egg onto the slices of bread.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese and bacon and cook for a minute or two until the bread is toasted. Fold in half to make a sandwich and remove from pan.
- Slice and serve cheese breakfast sandwich.
More TikTok Food Trends
Looking for more TikTok Food Trends? View all of our favorite hacks, tips and recipes right from the FYP page to your kitchen! From Hot chocolate bombs to pasta chips, download the how to make printable version of viral favorites.
Does this TikTok Trend work? YES! The key here is to make sure the pan is large enough to get a spatula quickly underneath the egg. I have done this a few times, and making sure I have a non-stick cooperative pan that is large enough to fit two pieces of bread is the key.
Pre-make your bacon! Eggs cook very fast, so it’s best to have the bacon ready. In this case, you can use microwave bacon for a less than 1-minute version. Or, if not in a hurry, make bacon in the air fryer or make bacon in the oven.
Bacon and cheese are optional. While I cannot imagine eating just an egg and a slice of bread, feel free to add vegetables like spinach and tomatoes and include other spices like pepper, salt, and even a dash of sriracha. This egg sandwich recipe is super customizable.
- Sheet Pan Eggs Recipe
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Apple Breakfast Bake recipe
- Super Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole recipe
- Microwave Baked Oats recipe
- Cowboy breakfast casserole recipe
- Tater Tot cheesy breakfast casserole
- TikTok Krispy Kreme Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Connect with Us!
TikTok Egg Sandwich (Viral Sensation!)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- Cook and crumble bacon and set aside.
- Place butter into a small non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat until melted.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and pour over butter. Cook eggs until almost done.
- Place 2 bread slices on top of the eggs and press into eggs.
- Carefully flip the bread and eggs over.
- Fold the overlapping egg onto the bread slices.
- Top eggs with shredded cheese and cooked bacon.
- Cook for a minute or two until the bread is toasted on top and bottom.
- Serve egg sandwich immediately while hot.