TikTok Artichokes Spinach Dip piled high onto a bagel and smothered with Parmesan cheese is an ultimate lunch.
Loaded up with fresh spinach leaves, chopped artichokes, and a creamy base, this former appetizer dip can take on a whole new life when styled and served on a bagel.
Let’s see how TikTok gave us a life hack we will never come back from!
Why you should make Bagels with Spinach Dip
Great way to use leftovers: Spinach dip is typically served simply as a dip in a bread bowl, but adding it to a bagel after a football party brings new life to this incredible dip. In fact, this idea is great to use up leftover buffalo chicken dip and so much more! The bread base from the bagel acts as a dipper and is a fun food idea for lunch.
Works with any recipe: We provide you with one of our favorite ways to make artichoke spinach dip but overall any healthy spinach dip or artichoke spinach dip works well. It’s one of those classic recipes that many people already have a go-to for, so do not be afraid to use your own and then add it to bagels.
Where did this TikTok Hack Come from?
We have eaten artichoke spinach dip seven ways to Sunday but never on a bagel! This inspirational TikTok hack came from user @owen.han. He used a slightly different spinach dip recipe with cream cheese as part of the base.
As cream cheese is a common ingredient on a bagel, we can see how this would be delicious. See the full recipe video below.
- Artichoke hearts: Make sure canned artichokes are fully drained of excess water (or excess liquid) and coarsely chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Fresh spinach leaves: The best thing about using fresh baby spinach is that you do not have to worry about removing the water from frozen spinach. Frozen spinach also has a different texture, and fresh tastes so much better. The fresh spinach should be coarsely chopped.
- Creamy Base: This dip recipe uses Dijon mustard, full-fat sour cream, and real mayonnaise for an excellent creamy base.
- Cheese: While many kinds of cheese can be a great choice, the smooth flavors of mozzarella cheese and the robust flavors of Parmesan cheese make the BEST dip.
- Bagels: This recipe is about loading up the ultimate artichoke spinach dip on bagels, but this overall dip recipe can be used with crostini, tortilla chips, or homemade pita chips.
- Topping: Crushed red pepper.
Do you cook spinach artichokes dip before adding it to bagels?
In our particular recipe, it’s not necessary.
Mixing the ingredients and adding them right to the broiler does the work. However, you CAN cook the spinach dip first (recipe below) if preferred.
If you have a leftover dip from a party, add right to bagels, top with Parmesan, and crisp in a toaster oven or broiler till cooked through and the top is golden brown.
How to make Artichokes Spinach Dip on Bagels
- Add artichoke hearts, fresh cut-up spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Slice bagels in half and spread the spinach mixture on each bagel half.
- Place bagels cut side up on a baking sheet and top with remaining shredded Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Broil on low for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway. HINT: Do not put it too close to the broiler, or you will BURN the dish. Broilers can work FAST and vary by oven.
Fresh Idea: If making this dip solely as an appetizer to serve (and not on bagels), add all ingredients to a 9″ pie plate or baking dish and bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 350. Then serve alongside bagel chips, crusty bread, or other dippers.
Toppings for this delicious lunch can vary. If you do not like the spice of crushed red pepper, try sliced green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, or other fresh herb choices like Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Other common ingredients that can flavor spinach artichoke dip are garlic clove (fresh garlic works great), chopped water chestnuts, kosher salt, black pepper, and even chopped bell peppers.
Related Viral Lunch Recipes
- Absolutely an all-in-one breakfast recipe, air fryer toad in a hole (that includes eggs, bacon, and toast) makes for a mess-free morning.
- This TikTok grated eggs recipe is quickly loaded on Avocado Toast for breakfast or lunch. So filling, so full of protein, and a fun way to use up those Easter Boiled Eggs.
- Once you understand the famous TikTok Tortilla Wrap Hack, pile in ANY ingredients you want for the perfect “eat with your hands” meal.
- Incredibly easy and oh so delicious, this boat dip recipe will be your go-to appetizer dip all summer long.