Apple Butter Bread recipe made with homemade apple butter (or store bought is fine too), delicious easy dessert or breakfast bread with apples and cinnamon!
I know a lot of people dont like major commentary on blog recipe posts, so I have been cleaning them up to be a little more concise.
If you like my recipe style of just ingredients and tips, please make sure you follow me on my Pinterest here @saltysidedish. Now on with the bread recipe!
No bread machine needed for this delicious, moist apple butter bread – a great way to use up the homemade apple butter you have as well as enjoy a dessert bread for breakfast or snack.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- apple butter (store bought or here is my homemade apple butter recipe)
RELATED APPLE RECIPES: Apple Butter in a Crock Pot, Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Bake, Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake, Homemade Applesauce, Snicker Apple Salad, Apple Pie Fluff Salad, Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding, Cinnamon Fried Apples
WHERE CAN I GET APPLE BUTTER?
You can purchase apple butter already pre-made from the store, or make your own with the linked recipe above.
The great thing about making your own is that you can leave chunkier apples in it for a really nice bread texture, but its delicious either way.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BUTTER BREAD
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. I promise that there is nothing worse than bread sticking in a loaf pan!
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl and mix well – these are your dry baking ingredients.
Set this bowl aside.
In a separate bowl, add sugar, oil and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix well.
Add milk and apple butter and mix well. All of this combined are your wet ingredients.
Fold in flour mixture into the wet and mix just until batter is combined.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The timing on this varies with ovens, so I start checking around 45 minutes and every 5 minutes until done.
Let cool before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
If you try to slice prior (ask me how I know, I do this every time with banana bread), it will likely fall apart, so be patient.
>Makes 1 loaf
HOW TO SERVE APPLE BUTTER BREAD
We like to put a piece in a napkin and warm for about 10 seconds and then add cinnamon butter, regular butter, or extra apple butter.
If you have feedback or questions, please ask in the comments or email me.
Thank you for vising my site.
Apple Butter Bread
- 2 cups ALL PURPOSE flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Do not forget this part because bread is not easy to get out unless you prepare the pan.
- Add all dry ingredients - all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl and mix well. Set bowl aside.
- Now, in a separate bowl, add we ingredients - sugar, oil and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add milk and apple butter into wet ingredient bowl and mix well.
- Fold in flour ingredients and mix just until batter combined (do not over mix).
- Pour apple butter bread batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Its important to note that all ovens are a bit different, so start watching around the 45-50 minute mark and every 5 minutes after. Some times bread comes out without batter on the toothpick but a bit of bread, and that is when I pull it.
- Let bread cool ENTIRELY before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
- Wrap in plastic cling wrap and then foil around that to keep moist and ready to serve. Leave on counter (not in fridge)
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.