Gender reveals are one of the most exciting ways to celebrate a new family member! Perfect as a sweet treat, these chocolate dipped strawberries reveal pink or blue (or any color you choose) all while concealing the result as an ice cream cone.
No matter whether you are a Gender Reveal Party Host or looking to surprise someone else, we will show you how to make chocolate covered strawberries that are perfect to share.
Why you will love making TikTok Gender Reveal Berries
Cost Savings – If planning a gender reveal party; there are brands like Edible Arrangements that can deliver the surprise to you. However, it’s much more cost-effective to be creative at home, making as many as you want! Plus, you can ensure that all strawberries are adequately covered, not revealing the surprise too early.
Creativity – These little ice cream cones are just the beginning of all the sweet customized dipping ideas out there! Try Red, White, and Blue Strawberry dipping method or even this Tanghulu Strawberry method with any fresh fruit leftovers. SO FUN!
Where did these Dipped Strawberries Come from?
This adorable gender reveal inspo came from TikTok video creator @_dippedbyd. She has a fantastic video channel that shows many amazingly creative dipped strawberries ideas and is worth checking out!
See her original full recipe video below and how we used it to create a step-by-step recreation of the strawberry ice cream cone.
- Large fresh strawberries – There are a lot of layers of chocolate, so I’d suggest picking BIG berries. Make sure they are washed and dried with paper towels before starting.
- Gender Reveal Candy melts – Depending on if you are revealing a boy or girl, choose pink candy melts or blue candy melts.
- Remaining Candy Melts – Peanut butter flavored candy melts, white candy melts, or any chocolate for dipping. We find candy melts work best for colors and ease of smooth dipping.
- Colorful sprinkles – The sprinkles look adorable on top, but edible glitter is also an excellent decoration for this sweet treat.
- Resealable sandwich bags
How to make Gender Reveal Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Make sure the fresh fruit is washed and thoroughly dried. I prefer to use room temperature berries as cold berries tend to “sweat” while they warm up, causing the strawberry to retain moisture. Place a toothpick into the center of each of the dry strawberries.
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- Working with half a bag of candy melts at a time (pink or blue), add half the bag to a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 60 seconds at 50% powder. Stir well. Return to microwave for the same time and stir well until completely smooth.
- Dredge each strawberry into the colorful chocolate mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Gently wipe any excess chocolate mixture on the edge of the bowl before placing it onto a prepared cutting board.
- Repeat with remaining berries. Let berries stand to harden.
- Using half a bag of peanut butter candy melts, place into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds at 50% powder. Stir and repeat, stirring until smooth.
- Dredge berries into peanut butter chocolate, covering about 3/4 of the way from the bottom to the top of the berry to create the cone. Return to wax paper and let stand to harden.
- Place any remaining peanut butter candy melts into a resealable sandwich bag and seal shut.
- Once the “cone” of the strawberry is hardened, knead the bag of candy melts to see if it is soft. If it is not, place it into a glass of hot water and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Then knead until smooth.
- Snip a tiny corner off the bag with scissors and carefully drizzle over the strawberry, moving diagonally to make a waffle cone look. Let stand to harden.
- Place half a bag of white candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir and repeat, stirring until smooth. Place melted white chocolate into a resealable sandwich bag and seal shut.
- Snip the tip of the bag and pipe the ice cream onto the strawberries, making sure to cover the color of the gender reveal.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and repeat on the remaining berries. Let stand to harden.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Overnight Strawberry Storage
Please note that if you refrigerate chocolate-covered berries overnight, they tend to “leak” a little strawberry juice, usually on the bottom, but the berries taste fine.
If you are giving a box of chocolate-dipped strawberries as a gift, these awesome dessert boxes with viewable windows are a great way to pass the love on!
Chocolate or Candy Melts?
While it may be tempting to use real milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or chocolate chips to create chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate seizes up SUPER quickly.
For ease of use, an excellent candy melt is much less frustrating and makes making a box of chocolate-covered strawberries easy. You can find baking chocolate and candy melt chocolate in baking supply aisles at the store or large candy-making aisles at craft stores like Micheals and Hobby Lobby.
I have also included it on this Amazon List Here.
Related Viral Dessert Recipes
- If you have leftover candy melts, here are some additional viral dessert recipes that will help you use it all up!
- Chocolate dipped strawberries go great as a side with this Smash Heart Tutorial.
- It’s so easy to make personalized edible toppers (complete with a free downable PDF file) for cakes, cookies, and cupcakes!
- TikTok’s super magical unicorn bark recipe is perfect for a party or as an edible gift. In fact, if giving these ice cream cone strawberries to someone, pack some of this chocolate bark in the box too!
- Move over tiktok cocoa bombs and try this hot cocoa marshmallow dipper recipe for 2022.
- Stand-up solo cup chocolate bombs look like mini Starbucks cups but they explode with cocoa for a nice warm, comfort beverage.
Leave A Reply!