Did you know you can air fry a giant chocolate chip cookie cake?
This amazing giant cookie can be made in any air fryer brand (we used the Ninja Foodi) and is perfect with a scoop of ice cream.
Completely easy and fast with only store-bought cookie dough, this TikTok Hack will delight and awe your kids.
It’s fun. Not all cooking has to be practical. There is more to the kitchen than just dinners and preparing for a party.
This awesome, insanely huge cookie doesn’t require a special order from your favorite bakery and can be whipped up to enjoy in 10 minutes. Perfect for a birthday party, a snack, or just for fun, refrigerated dough makes making a cookie cake a breeze.
A new way to use an air fryer: Let’s face it, we are all crisping green beans and air frying dinner, but using an air fryer for dessert is a totally fun way to enjoy this awesome kitchen appliance and satisfy that sweet tooth!
Let’s chat about this super Viral TikTok Dessert.
As this recipe came from a viral on TikTok, we always have some commentary on testing it out.
Full disclosure: I made this giant cookie cake twice. I made it the first time and checked it at 7 minutes because I swear I could smell it burning, and I thought it was good and done. But it wasn’t.
It was doughy in the center. So I tossed it out because it fell apart, pulling it out of the air fryer pan.
The second batch was way better. Now, this is a COOKED cookie.
I think you do need to put it in for a full 10 minutes, or you’ll have a doughy mess, but this massive cookie is chewier with a crunch versus super soft. It’s incredibly delicious and doesn’t taste burned at all, but I like to be transparent about the type of cookie this recipe produces.
We saw this one floating around a few times and tracked it to Air Fryer Guy. He had a cute little song about making a cookie in the air fryer, too (which is likely why TikTok passed this one my way).
- The original video has a different air fryer machine than we have.
- Does this large TikTok cookie in the air fryer work? Yes.
Check out the original video below to see the dessert inspiration. We saw this one floating around from @airfryerguy on TikTok. Air Fryer Guy TikTok. He has some great ideas, so make sure to check out his account here.
Giant Cookie Ingredients:
- Cookie Dough: Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough is what the TikTok video used, so it’s what we tested.
- Nonstick cooking spray: Although this recipe also uses parchment paper, it’s best to use a nonstick cooking spray.
- parchment paper—a requirement to get that chocolate chip cookie batter out of the air fryer
- Ice cream is optional, but vanilla or chocolate ice cream tastes delicious scooped on a giant chocolate chip cookie.
- Chocolate syrup is optional for serving, but cookie cake recipes like this, especially ones with ice cream topping, go great with chocolate sauce and caramel drizzle.
How to Make a Giant Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie
Preheat: Yes, 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Stand: 2 Minutes
Temperature: 350 Degrees
- Remove the air fryer basket from your air fryer and trace the shape on a piece of parchment paper. Cut out the parchment paper and place it at the bottom of the basket. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break apart the dough into balls and evenly press them into the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer on Air Crisp for 5 minutes at 350.
- Bake the cookie on Air Crisp at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, let the cookie stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing the basket from the air fryer. Let it stand to cool completely before serving.
- Cut into 8–12 slices and serve topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired. This cookie is great for the holiday season and birthday parties, too!
There is no indication that your favorite cookie recipe can’t be used.
However, that hasn’t been tested at this time.
Once cooled, tightly wrap in plastic wrap and then cover in foil or place in an airtight container.
Typically not just for one, depending on the size of the air fryer, this chocolate chip cookie can be cut and served as a
- chocolate chip cookie cake (way less expensive than a store-bought version; add frosting decoration),
- as a substitute for a giant skillet cookie (less mess and way quicker to bake)
- just for an after-dinner dessert.
Related Amazingly Fun TikTok Dessert Ideas
Want to keep up with the newest trends in food?
Try one of our other amazing viral recipes.
- Rainbow popcorn is just as fun to make as it is to eat.
- Keep the kids busy with ice cream in a bag.
- This Christmas dip never goes out of style! Try this hot cocoa dip recipe next time you get the munchies.
- Did you know you can make a cake with ketchup??
- Chocolate Bombs are old news…Chocolate Pinatas are the NEW NEW.
- It never felt so good to Smash a Heart.
- TikTok’s Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe.