Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower bites, roasted in the oven, is such a simple side dish that is so full of amazing flavor you will wonder why you have never done it before!
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
For me, cauliflower is mainly a salad additive. I love eating it and it makes all my raw veggie appetizer trays, but in general I don’t eat it that much. Its kinda ironic really because I love cauliflower but because my kids don’t eat it, I rarely bust open a bag for myself.
Not anymore! This easy and BEST recipe for baked buffalo cauliflower will have you not even wanting to share. Bursting with flavor, where you could easily use your favorite wing or buffalo sauce, you are literally 30 minutes from an oven baked masterpiece that will have you enjoying in no time.
What kind of Buffalo sauce for Cauliflower?
Like barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce can be insanely personal. With so many flavors like Moore’s Creamy Buffalo Ranch (my favorite) to spicy and hot wing sauce, its as simple as picking the one your tongue loves the most! Here are few popular wing sauces you can look for at the store that go well with cauliflower
- Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce
- Sweet Baby Rays Hot Wing Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Wings
- Hooters Wing Sauce
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Fresh Cauliflower Florets – Because I do not like to tear up my cauliflower, I simply buy the 12 oz pre-cut cauliflower in the vegetable department
- EVOO – You need a little extra virgin olive oil
- Butter – Full butter works best for flavor
- Wing Sauce – You can use any kind of wing sauce, we have made our dish with Red hot Wing sauce as well as a creamier ranch buffalo sauce and both were delicious. Feel free to play with the flavors and spice so everyone can enjoy, no matter what their heat tolerance.
Ranch Buffalo Cauliflower
Create – The first thing you need to do is create your sauce. You simply take your wing sauce and mix with your oil and butter. Details below in the recipe card
Coat – There are two ways to coat. Find a large bowl and break down your cauliflower pieces and coat in your win sauce in the bowl, stirring to cover all sides OR simply place your cauliflower florets in a large gallon sized bag, dump in your sauce, and mix up.
Bake – Bake on a baking sheet till your cauliflower is tender and delicious
Roast – Optional, but if you prefer a little crisp on the cauliflower, you can place in the oven on broil for a short amount of time. Just be careful to monitor as broil can go from not done to overcooked in minutes. I always stand there and watch mine.
Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch
Cauliflower Side Dishes
Cauliflower is a favorite for Keto and low carb dishes (just 1.5 carbs in a half a cup of fresh cauliflower) because it has very few carbs and is fairly nutrition. Cauliflower is also super easy to make in a variety of dishes.
Cauliflower can be riced, made into pizza dough, and used in just about any casserole as a substitute for regular rice or potatoes. If you are looking for some delicious side dishes to up your cauliflower game, try :
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz bag pre-cut Cauliflower Florets
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Add your wing sauce, EVOO, and butter into a bowl and melt down for approx 30 seconds, stir.
- Add cauliflower in a bag and coat with sauce. Make sure all sides of cauliflower are covered.
- Add buffalo coated raw cauliflower to baking sheet and place in oven
- Oven bake for 25 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender
- Optional: Broil for a few minutes to get crispy, just watch so you do not burn
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 1578mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.