This 5 Ingredient sweet avocado quick bread went viral earlier this year, and we could not wait to try it! The results? A gorgeous green-colored sweet bread that wasn’t overly sweet.
Shockingly perfect, this bread recipe is another way to enjoy healthy fat friendly avocado without the toast!
Why you will love making this TikTok Bread Recipe.
Use up those avocados – If you are anything like me, you purchase avocados with the full intention of the world’s best avocado toast or Mexican-themed dinner, and they go from ripe to death in about 30 minutes. Avocado bread (and this tiktok avocado pudding recipe) gives you another outlet to use those avocados and avoid trashing.
Isn’t this why classic banana bread was invented too?
Vintage recipes rock – As someone growing up in more of a struggling environment, I was taught to cook in the kitchen from an early age.
While I won’t add avocados to the diet of most people that have to budget at the store (They can be dang expensive), this vintage throwback recipe and food trend is a great way to get a blast from the past and try recipes we don’t see as commonly used anymore.
Where did avocado bread start?
This old-fashioned avocado bread came from a throwback recipe book that TikTok creator @bdylanhollis has been going through. His excitement is palpable, and it’s a great recipe channel to watch from an entertainment standpoint and a fun, creative food standpoint.
See his full recipe video below
5 Simple Ingredients
- Two ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed.
- Granulated sugar
- Three eggs
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
How to make TikTok Avocado Bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wet Ingredients – Mix avocado, white sugar, and eggs.
- Dry ingredients – Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour avocado batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake bread for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean and top slightly golden brown.
- Let baked bread cool completely before slicing.
Would we make this avocado bread recipe again?
Yes! I am a huge fan of quick bread and loaves that do not require a bread maker. I love how simple the basic ingredients are; there are hoards and hoards of exciting flavors for easy, quick bread recipes.
Homemade bread makes excellent snacks, breakfasts on the go, and of course, food gifts.
We were pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this avocado bread was not too sugary sweet, or overly powerful in any flavor. That sometimes makes the perfect snack.
Why make this Avocado Bread?
Without any intense flavors, why make this avocado bread? While the flavor is light, it’s a beautiful color, uses fresh ingredients, and is a perfect snack.
Plus, there is no dry yeast, no cake flour needed, nothing special like vanilla extract, no salt, no butter, and no dairy. It is a simple way to make bread, and the simpler the recipe, the easier it is for people to get in the kitchen!
Great Additives for Quick Bread
Like most quick bread, they can easily take on a variety of additives and ingredients to customize them. While we don’t know many things that complement avocado in the baking world, nuts like walnuts and pecans are a solid choice.
Additionally, cranberries would complement the color making it a great loaf of bread for the holiday season.
And while the avocado bread is just fine on its own, a lightly sweetened glaze with simple powdered sugar or a cream cheese frosting would be a welcome sweet addition.
Related Viral Bread Recipes
- Want to know about more top trending bread recipes that you can try? Straight from social media pages to the plate, here are a few more must-try recipes being made around the world today.
- Move over garlic bread! This GARLIC BREAD OF THE FUTURE RECIPE is a four-sided fried garlic bread smothered in butter and sizzled on the stove—all sides perfection.
- Nothing says comfort food more than serving chili in a cast iron cornbread bowl.
- Fluffy Japanese Milk Bread is a recipe that produces the softest and most fluffy bread you will eat all year.
- If I were going to recommend garlic bread, this TIkTok Cheesy Garlic French Bread tastes more like pizza than a side dish.
- Maybe not QUITE a bread, but this TikTok Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie recipe has all the elements of a great viral breakfast that is lower on sweet.