Cranberry brie bites make a perfect appetizer for the holidays.
Easy to assemble using store-bought puff pastry, this is one of those impressive appetizers that get the Christmas party started right!
Why you will love this Christmas Appetizer Recipe!
Seasonally friendly flavors – We wait all year for cranberries, and the minute they show up in the store, we go nuts!
Fresh cranberries, with their tangy taste, are a wonderful balance for rich cheeses.
Finger Foods are Fun – Charcuterie board success has made various fun and delicious appetizers at the forefront of everyone’s minds for a holiday party.
- puff pastry sheets, thawed
- wheel of brie cheese
- whole berry cranberry sauce
- chopped walnuts
- coarse sea salt
How to make Cranberry Brie Bites
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease 24 mini muffin cavities with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a knife, cut the cheese into 24 pieces, about 3/4″ in size.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place it onto a cutting board. Use a rolling pin to roll into a 10″x15″ rectangle.
- Cut into four strips one way and six strips the other way to make 24 puff pastry squares.
- Place one cube of brie into each one of the mini muffin tins.
- Top each cup with one piece of creamy brie cheese and one teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with walnuts and coarse sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let baked brie bites stand to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan. This simple appetizer with flaky puff pastry and melty cheese is best served warm.
Does the brie rind need to be removed?
I did not remove the rind or freeze it before cutting. I never have a problem cutting brie. I think the challenging part is cutting the round into 24 pieces because sometimes math is hard!
What kind of cranberry sauce should be used?
We definitely like homemade cranberry sauce the best.
In a pitch and to save time, store-bought whole berry sauce is fine.
Use pecan pieces over walnuts.
Drizzle on a bit of honey for a sweeter take.
Add some crunchy bacon to the dish.
While this is a brie appetizer dish, other soft cheeses like goat cheese, feta, or cream cheese can vary the flavor.
Dislike cranberry? Replace with a little hot pepper jelly instead.
A sprig of rosemary or a little cracked black pepper makes a nice visual touch.
Related Party Appetizer Recipes
Don’t tell the doctor that this dip is full of all the things that make us go mmmmmmm.