Tiktok Corn Cheese is probably one of the easiest and most child friendly side dish recipes ever. With canned corn, butter, cheese and mayo, this corn side goes with any main dish mean from chicken breast dinners, perfect steak and even BBQ!
Because its incredibly simple, this dish is also easily duplicated, doubled and tripled for large events like potlucks or picnics where serving a lot of people at once is a must.
And because just mainly about keeping the corn and cheese warm, this dish can also be put in a crock pot (slow cooker) to serve hot and melty.
TikTok Corn Cheese
Corn is one of the most popular side dish options and we have definitely blogged our fair share of cheesy corn recipes. One of my favorites is cheesy corn casserole and crock pot cheesy corn, however, this recipe is probably one of the better ones and worth making!
Charlotte found this corn cheese recipe while perusing tiktok from user Rug. He said it’s one of his favorite side dishes to enjoy, and we see why.
FaZe Rug is also an Instagrammer and Youtuber with great content, so make sure you visit him to see more!
This dish is super simple because it uses canned corn and the creamy base with the mayo makes it easy to stir and the cheesy stringy on each scoop.
- Corn – the original TikTok recipe uses canned corn (Drained of course) but out of food blogging experience, we also know that this recipe can also use frozen corn. Fresh corn can always be sautéed as well but takes much longer so do not recommend going through the trouble.
- Mayo – We recommend Hellmann’s or Duke’s mayo. Do not substitute miracle whip.
- Butter – Real butter, doesn’t need to be pre-softened as it will melt easily in the pan.
- Cheese – We used mild cheddar, which worked perfectly, although any shredded cheese will work just fine.
How to Make Faze Rugs “Corn Cheese” Recipe
- Drain canned corn and dump all 3 cans of corn into a stovetop skillet.
- Place 1/4th cup butter and 1/2 cup mayo into a skillet on top of the corn. Sprinkle with a bit of black pepper.
- Heat on medium heat until butter and mayo melt, mixing occasionally until all ingredients are together. It’s best to use a spoon for this to get the corn off the sides of the pan.
- Once mayo and butter are fully incorporated in the corn and heated, spread an 8 oz. bag of mild cheddar cheese on top of the corn, lower heat to medium-low, and place the lid on the pan.
- Let heat until cheese is melted, which takes about 5 minutes. Make sure not to keep the heat too high so the corn doesn’t burn.
- Serve corn cheese hot and melty.
Important Recipe Tips
Drain everything well: When working with canned vegetables that go on the stove, it’s important to drain well and rid the can of extra moisture. If you leave a lot of water in the dish, it will water down the cheesy, butter and mayo and not have the same delicious consistency.
Real Ingredients Matter: As a food blogger, I am a big proponent of full-fat food. Real butter, real mayo. While you could substitute with “diet” low-fat ingredients, corn shouldn’t be treated that way.
Toppings work to personalize this dish: Black cracked pepper and a few crunchy bacon pieces really bring this one home!
Substitutions for mayo: We know that many people hate mayo, and it will change the taste if you take it out. But if it’s a no go for you, try substituting mayo with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Be careful of too much Salt: I love adding salt to dishes and agree that seasonings matter, BUT BUT BUT canned corn and shredded cheese often have salt as a preservative, so before you add EXTRA salt, make the dish and try it and THEN add salt IF needed.
Related TikTok Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more viral social media recipes to rock your world? We take some of the most viral online recipes and test them out, and put them in an easy-to-find recipe format so you can make these dishes from home!
- This Hot Girl Summer Salad recipe is guilt-free and will set your tastebuds ablaze with so much flavor.
- You will never bake rolls in the oven again after you see how easy it is to air fry grands biscuits!
- Super southern and totally cheesy mac and cheese.
- Garlic Bread of the future!
- Do not settle for a plain corn casserole recipe when you can have Caliente corn casserole instead!
Comments & Reviews
You can do this recipe with cauliflower too, so good!!
Trisha Haas says
That sounds delicious as well! Thanks for the great idea.