Panko breaded chicken, an easy oven-baked 30-minute dinner recipe, boasts the simple and easy flavors of Parmesan cheese and complements almost any side dish.
Why you will love this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe
This simple chicken breast recipe with delicious minced garlic and light Parmesan crust is one of the more leisurely chicken meals you can prep and bake no matter your knowledge in the kitchen.
Just like an “adult chicken nugget,” chicken breasts will be tender and delicious, for a filling, tasty, goes with anything chicken dish.
Scroll down for a printable version of this recipe that you can take into the kitchen and follow along.
- Cooking oil – Vegetable oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil is fine to fry the chicken. If given a choice, I use vegetable oil as it has a less robust flavor.
- Minced garlic – It’s OK to use roasted garlic or minced garlic.
- Panko Crumbs – Parmesan chicken can be made with a panko mixture or an Italian Bread Crumbs mixture.
- Parmesan cheese – This recipe uses grated Parmesan cheese in the bread crumbs and fresh shredded Parmesan cheese topping.
- Seasoning – Garlic powder, kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper flatters the breadcrumb mixture. While not in this dish, other seasoning varieties are onion powder, fresh herbs, paprika, and lemon zest.
- Boneless Skinless chicken breasts – The best chicken for panko chicken is a boneless skinless chicken.
How to make Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breasts in Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease an ovenproof cast-iron skillet or baking dish and set aside. Pound chicken to even thickness.
- Add vegetable oil and minced garlic in a shallow dish.
- Add Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and all seasoning and spices in a separate shallow dish. Mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts into the garlic oil and coat on both sides of the breasts.
- Immediately dip chicken into the dry crumb mixture and coat on both sides. Press panko crumbs into the chicken.
- Place boneless chicken breast halves into prepared pan. Repeat until each piece of chicken is coated with bread crumb mixture and placed in the pan.
- Bake Chicken Breasts for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (timing depends on the thickness of your chicken and temperature of your own). Chicken is done when a meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Add a bit of extra shredded Parmesan cheese (mozzarella cheese works as well) and a favorite dipping sauce.
How to Bake Juicy Chicken
It is so easy to overcook the chicken. This is because we have a natural paranoia of undercooking, so we tend to overcook “to be sure.” Here are some tips to help prevent having dry chicken.
Size: It’s crucial that all chicken breasts be approximately the same thickness. The best way to handle that is to use a meat mallet and pound chicken to the same thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap. Additionally, all chicken breast pieces going into the same pan should also be approximately the same size. As the oven temperature tends to check the largest piece of crispy chicken, this helps prevent the others from drying out while waiting for them all to be done.
Use a meat thermometer: Check the thickest part of the largest chicken breast. Once it reaches 165 degrees, pull the chicken out of the oven.
Is Garlic Parmesan Chicken Keto Friendly or a Low Carb Recipe?
Many people love chicken dishes because they are a great way to get your protein and be low carb aware. In this recipe, I use Italian Crumbs and, therefore, is not purely low carb.
Here is the nutritional information for this chicken breast dinner. This site uses Carb Manager that automatically inputs the ingredients into the system, and gives out an estimated nutritional value. The values in the recipe card are auto-calculated with that service.
Please always be careful to double-check with your apps. Carb Manager gave this recipe a “B.”
As always, thank you for visiting my little spot on the web. If you enjoyed this recipe or made tweaks that worked well, please leave me a comment and let me know. I always enjoy trying your changes as well!
Great Side Dish Recipes for Chicken
- This Garlic butter mushroom recipe is not only awesome to eat on the side of chicken but goes great as a topping.
- Oven roasted broccoli (with cheese sauce) is a delicious choice!
- Potatoes and chicken are often paired together. Try cheesy funeral potatoes, roasted parmesan potatoes or smashed red potatoes.
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts are GOOD. Like GOOD GOOD. Try them!
Related Chicken Recipes
Connect with Us!