Burrito pie (or taco pie) is a delicious burrito casserole, made in the oven, for a one pan and totally stacked Mexican night.
Recipe for Burrito Pie
Full of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors and topped with all the best ingredients like sour cream and guacamole, this burrito pie is an easy to serve, easy to make, quick weeknight meal your entire family will chow down on.
This burrito pie is a fantastic Mexican recipe that can easily be a side dish or a main dish.
As a side dish, can easily be portioned out at a party and using a spring form pan helps you make sure that the dish doesn’t lose its shape. While we personally haven’t done it, you can also make this recipe in a casserole dish if you prefer, but will need to alter the dish to fit.
Scroll to the bottom for a full (and also printable) recipe card of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Not everyone likes to read all the extra questions that go along with the recipe, so if that is you, just go to the bottom of the article. If you do like to read through, I explained all extra recipe information in the post first.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- diced tomatoes with green chilies
- refried beans
- sliced black olives, drained
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
SERVE WITH: Homemade Tortilla Chips (EASY – this recipe makes chips and dips extra special!)
Stacked Burrito Pie Tip
I used an 8″ spring form pan and 8″ tortillas. If you use a 6″ pan, make sure you get 6″ tortillas.
It will also be pretty full but I think it should still fit into the pan.
How to make Burrito Pie
Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8″ springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and tomatoes and cook until heated through.
Place a small amount of beef in the bottom of the prepared pan.
Top with two tortillas. Layer 1/3 each of the beef, refried beans, olives and cheese. repeat with two tortillas, beef, beans, olives and cheese.
TIP: To smash down refried beans easily, use a spatula~!
Add 1 more tortilla and add the remaining beef, olives and cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with sour cream, chopped avocados, and chopped fresh cilantro before cutting into pie slices.
Mexican Side Dishes
We love serving up Mexican flavors in this house.
I like nothing more than fresh veggies all piled high with salsa and beans…yum! Here are some of our very favorite recipes that you should check out if Mexican Monday is a thing in your house!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package, taco seasoning
- 1 can, 10.5 oz, diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can, 16 oz, refried beans
- 1 small can, 4 oz, sliced black olives, drained
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Place a small amount of beef in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with two tortillas. Layer 1/3 each of the beef, refried beans, olives and cheese. repeat with two tortillas, beef, beans, olives and cheese.
- Add 1 more tortilla and add the remaining beef, olives and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro before cutting into pie slices.
Serving Size:8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 898mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.