Caprese salad is a simple yet delicious salad that is perfect for summer. It is made with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil and drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The salad is typically served on fresh greens like arugula or spinach.
But there are so many different ways to make Caprese salad.
You can use different types of tomatoes, such as heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. You can also use different types of mozzarella cheese, such as buffalo mozzarella or fresh mozzarella. Add other ingredients to the salad, such as cucumbers, onions, or avocados.
Here are our favorite ways to enjoy the bold, delicious mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil flavors in 10 incredible Caprese recipes.
10 Incredible Caprese Recipe Ideas
Classic Caprese Salad: The classic Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and fresh basil leaves right from the garden is hands down the best way to enjoy the freshest flavors.
Hot Caprese Dip: Melty ooey gooey cheese has all the Italian flavors you love but in dip form. This Caprese is delicious for a party and is drizzled with balsamic and served on bread.
Caprese Sliders: Easy weeknight dinner or appetizer tray, caprese sliders features thick slices of fresh mozzarella and summer tomatoes in a bite-after-bite delicious mini sandwich. Dripping with butter and garlic, there is nothing you won’t love.
Caprese Stuffed Chicken – A far cry from the traditional salad recipe, the flavors of smothered balsamic chicken stuffed with cheese and tomatoes is better than any restaurant plate out there.
Peach Caprese Salad: The perfect way to bring in summer, Caprese salads shine with natural sugars like the peach. Pretty, bold, and dance on your tongue, this peach caprese salad might be your new favorite side dish.
Ladybug Caprese Appetizer: Adorable and easy, this cute little appetizer will be the star of the table. Incredibly easy to assemble, this ladybug caprese is a winning combination.
Caprese Pizza: Heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella are precisely what the Italians mean when they say pizza. This freshly done and quickly done dish is a Friday night favorite.
Strawberry Caprese Salad: One of our favorite ways to enjoy Caprese is paired with strawberries. Leave large for a full fruit caprese salad, or cut small and pile high on crusty toasted bread for dinner.
Caprese Pasta Salad: Cold orecchiette caprese pasta paired with mozzarella, tomatoes, and black olives is a great summer side dish for BBQs that you likely won’t see elsewhere on the table. Even better, the next day, this is a filling dish!
Ensalada Caprese With Pear – Great as a table appetizer, we love our tomatoes paired with fruit, and this sliced pear is a great way to bring in the spring and summer and all its best flavors. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, and Bon Appetit!
Commonly asked questions about Caprese salad:
- What type of tomatoes should I use for Caprese salad? You can use any ripe tomato for Caprese salad. However, heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes are popular choices.
- What type of mozzarella cheese should I use for Caprese salad? You can use any fresh mozzarella cheese for Caprese salad. However, buffalo mozzarella is a popular choice.
- What other ingredients can I add to Caprese salad? Add other ingredients to caprese salad, such as cucumbers, onions, or avocados. However, it is essential to keep the salad simple so that the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil flavors can shine through.
- How do I store Caprese salad? Caprese salad is best served fresh. However, if you have leftovers, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Be sure to wrap the salad tightly in plastic or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
- How do I make Caprese salad ahead of time? You can make caprese salad ahead of time by assembling the salad and then storing it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before serving so the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese do not get soggy.
Caprese recipes are delicious, refreshing, and perfect for summer. Easy to make and can be customized to your liking, be sure to give one of our delicious ways to enjoy Caprese a try!
Leave A Reply!