This amazing and easy beef chip dip recipe is a great choice for a hot dip. Very creamy, dried beef dip is perfect for game day and includes sour cream, a block of cream cheese, thin slices of Buddig chipped beef, and flavor-enhancing Worcestershire sauce.
Truly the best-chipped beef dip we have ever had, this dip is warm, creamy, and serves on a variety of finger food favorites like chunks of bread, crostini, crackers, and celery.
Why you will love Beef Chip Dip
Distinct Flavor: There are so many choices for cold dips, from ranch to salsas, but every appetizer tray and potluck party also needs a warm, savory dip. This is one of my very favorite game-day snacks. Hot dips pair well with just about any other food on the menu and are great to include in various game dip spreads. Dried beef all wrapped in a creamy and smoky flavor makes this dip recipe hard to beat.
Perfect Party Snack: Summer is coming, and everyone needs an easy appetizer to serve up. While there are more classic appetizer recipes like football dip or this party dip, this beef dip is the perfect unique recipe to whip up.
Served in a small jar, pie plate, or small baking dish, hot chipped beef dip and its cream cheese base go amazing with fresh vegetables, club crackers, Rye bread, or Frito scoops. Dried buddig beef makes the perfect salty dip.
As someone invents, alters, and makes recipes nearly every day of my life, I want to remind you that the fresher the ingredient, the more taste the dish. I also happen to believe that you should use REAL and full-fat versions of things like sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, etc., to get the creamiest and most delicious flavors.
- Chopped onion – Dice onion down into small bite-sized pieces.
- Butter – Unsalted butter works best as dried beef usually contains salt.
- White cooking wine – White cooking wine brings the acid and balances the dish.
- Sour cream + real mayonnaise – Full fat sour cream and Hellmmans mayo are recommended.
- Cream cheese – It’s essential to use whole fat cream cheese for the riches flavors.
- Chipped beef – Use Buddig dried beef chopped into small pieces
- Seasonings and Flavor: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Toppers: We like to use chopped green onions but green peppers are also delicious and create a little crunch.
How to make Beef Chip Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add freshly chopped onion, butter, and cooking wine to a skillet.
- Heat onions over medium heat until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add full-fat sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, dried chipped beef pieces, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and heat over medium-low heat, frequently stirring until mixture is hot and creamy.
- Spread beef chip dip mixture into a prepared casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot.
- Top beef dip with chopped green onions before serving with toasted bread slices.
What is Chipped Beef?
Chipped beef is a fried beef that is salted and super thin. Buddig makes one of the most recognizable dried beef chips and is usually the most commonly used in beef dips like this one.
Are dried beef and beef jerky the same thing?
The dip recipe uses chipped dried beef. Typically they came in very thin dried slices or jerky pieces.
Note that beef jerky can be very hard in a bite and is typically a lot more rigid and dense than regular chipped beef. I prefer to stick to chipped beef, which is a smoky salty (and slightly softer) bite. That being said, beef jerky CAN be used if sliced down thin enough.
Is Dried Beef Dip Low Carb?
Dried beef dip CAN be the perfect low-carb appetizer, but please note that this original recipe contains Worcestershire sauce and white wine, neither of which are carb-free.
Additionally, unless you are using fresh veggies to dip, bread is carb-filled, making this recipe, as it is, not a great recipe for those seeing Keto-friendly nutritional facts.
This time of the year, everyone wants a good dip too much on while hosting a potluck or party. This hot chipped beef dip recipe is the perfect simple appetizer to serve with crusty bread, baguette slices, favorite crackers, or raw veggies.
How to store Beef Chip Dip
Store beef dip in an airtight container for 3-4 days in a fridge. To reheat, put in a microwave-safe dish and heat, 30 seconds at a time, stirring and continuing to warm until melty and cheesy again.
Why I love this Buddig beef dip recipe
Chipped beef is one of those salty dips that are just so cravable. Nothing says “give me that recipe” more than the addictive flavors of chip after chip.
This is one of those recipes that do just that! With savory dried beef (and we have also used beef jerky!!), all you need is your favorite Ruffles, Tortillas, corn chips, or bread to enjoy. Beef and cheese are ALWAYS a winner.
Related Appetizer Recipes You should Try.
Of course, this isn’t the only party dip on the block! If you need more savory and sweet dips that are perfect for sharing, we have those too. These delicious party dips will keep the menu fun and the plates empty. When I dip, you dip, we all dip and enjoy!
Cheese dip, crack dip, corn dip, salsa….it is hard to pick a favorite. But here are a few of our favorite dip recipes that might get you started.
- There really are a lot of kinds of hot dip recipes out there but I bet you have never tried a Baked Ricotta Dip!
- Hot Onion Dip is STUFFED full of so much onion flavor.
- For the dessert dip lovers Cherry Cheesecake Dip not tastes incredible but looks beautiful on a spread.
- Hot Caprese Dip is a cheesy creamy hot dip that brings together the best of classic Caprese flavors.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!