Easy, Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette is the best way to enjoy tons of tangy and sweet flavor over a simple salad in an instant!
There is nothing more delicious than a homemade dressing and this honey balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious, tangy and sweet dressing that complements anything from plain salads to tomato based side dishes (like Caprese Everything Bagel Salad!) that need some zing!
Honey Balsamic Dressing Ingredients
All you need is a blender to blend up the best Honey Balsamic homemade dressing. Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions once you verify you have all ingredients on hand.
- soy sauce
- minced garlic
- crushed red pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard (Optional)
How to Make Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Add onion, honey, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, red pepper (if using) and vinegar in a blender or food processor and mix together until blended well.
- Pour in olive oil and mix again until well combined.
- Serve dressing immediately or store covered until ready to use.
- If storing in the pantry, shake well before using.
- Makes about 1.5 cups of dressing.
Magic Bullet Blender Makes Dressing Easy!
There is something about easy appliances in the kitchen that help make homemade recipes a lot less daunting. I don’t always love to pull out my big bad boy blenders to do simple dressings and having a small magic bullet (or something similar) makes it a lot easier to say yes to taking that one extra step to custom dressings.
You can pick up a little counter top magic bullet for under $40 and its great for pestos, sauces, small portions of dips, and of course, dressings.
Note on Storing Dressings with Olive Oil
This is a small volume dressing so you can use for dinner and side dishes, pretty quickly.
- This dressing, because it has olive oil in it, is meant for counter top room temperature sealed storage for up to 1 week.
- Put in a mason jar and seal tight.
- If you stick this dressing into the fridge, the olive oil content will eventually solidify and the honey will crystallize.
Serve Honey Balsamic Dressing With or On
- Dips, dressings, and deliciousness! Use this balsamic dressing as a glaze for Brussels Sprouts or over roasted carrots.
- Try serving this Honey Balsamic dressing to dial up the flavors of Strawberry Spinach Salad.
- Add a drizzle on Homemade Caprese Pizza.
- Pour over simple veggies in place of regular balsamic in Cucumber Salad and delicious Cherry Tomato Salad.
- Keep a bowl handy to dunk your Ladybug Caprese Appetizers in.
- Replace simple Marinated Tomato Salad to a honey balsamic version.
- You cannot love chicken more until you drizzle your Caprese Stuffed Chicken with this sweet dressing.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Add diced onion, honey, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper (if using) and vinegar in a blender or food processor and mix together until blended well and onions are fully incorporated.
- Optionally add a bit of Dijon Mustard.
- Pour in olive oil and blend again until combined.
- Serve dressing immediately or store covered, at room temperature, until ready to use.
- Shake well before using to make sure contents and oils haven't separated.
- Add 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard (optional) to change up the flavors!
- I never store dressings with olive oil and honey in the fridge as they can crystallize and solidify.