Easy, Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette is the best way to enjoy tons of tangy and sweet flavor over a simple salad in an instant!
There is nothing more delicious than a homemade dressing and this honey balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious, tangy and sweet dressing that compliments plain salads to perfect tomato based side dishes.
As a self proclaimed Caprese queen, I have hoards of Caprese recipes. In fact, I eat so much tomato and mozzarella around here that we grow our own basil! This dressing is perfect for a light drizzle over a marinated tomato, compliments strawberries, and can even be used to dip chicken!
If you have a blender, you can have homemade dressing in minutes (and trust me, way better than the store bought!)
Homemade Balsamic Dressing with Honey
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- soy sauce
- minced garlic
- crushed red pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard (Optional)
Magic Bullet Blender
There is something about easy appliances in the kitchen that help make homemade recipes a lot less daunting. I dont always love to pull out my big bad boy blenders to do simple dressings and having a small magic bullet (or something simliar) makes it a lot easier to say yes to taking that one extra step to custom dressings.
You can pick up a little counter top magic bullet for under $40 and its great for pestos, sauces, small portions of dips, and of course, dressings.
How to Make Honey Balsamic Dressing
Add onion, honey, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, red pepper (if using) and vinegar in a blender or food processor and mix together until blended well.
Pour in olive oil and mix again until well combined.
Serve dressing immediately or store covered until ready to use.
Shake well before using.
Makes about 1.5 cups of dressing.
Note on Storage
This is a small volume dressing so you can use for dinner and side dishes, pretty quickly.
- This dressing is meant for counter top room temperature sealed storage for up to 1 week.
- Put in a mason jar and seal tight.
- If you stick this dressing into the fridge, the olive oil content will eventually solidify and the honey will crystallize.
Serve Honey Balsamic Dressing With
Dips, dressings, and deliciousness!
Try serving this Honey Balsamic dressing to dial up the flavors of Strawberry Spinach Salad.
Add a drizzle on Homemade Caprese Pizza.
Keep a bowl handy to dunk your Ladybug Caprese Appetizers in.
Replace simple Marinated Tomato Salad to a honey balsamic version.
You cannot love chicken more until you drizze your Caprese Stuffed Chicken with this sweet dressing.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Add diced onion, honey, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper (if using) and vinegar in a blender or food processor and mix together until blended well and onions are fully incorporated.
- Optionally you can add a bit of Dijon Mustard.
- Pour in olive oil and mix again until combined.
- Serve immediately or store covered, at room temperature, until ready to use.
- Shake well before using to make sure contents and oils haven't separated.
- Add 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard (optional) to change up the flavors!
- I never store dressings with olive oil and honey in the fridge as they can crystallize and solidify.