Oven baked S’mores dip – a delicious, ooey gooey Marshmallow Fudge S’mores Dip Recipe with a toasted golden marshmallow layer and a rich and creamy chocolate center.
Ready to enjoy your favorite July flavors without the bugs and the heat?
This easy to make delicious s’mores dip is a one of a kind dip. Starting with deliciously sweet milk chocolate chips, butter, and marshmallows, the melty thick chocolate is the perfect base for a toasty marshmallow top. An easy, oven baked, 15 minute dessert that will bring the picnics and potlucks indoors.
All that said, this chocolate dip is also delicious served at Parties and makes a gorgeous presentation right next to these amazing red white and blue cheesecake stuffed strawberries in the July 4th and Memorial Day holiday months.
Important Recipe Tips Before you Make S’mores Dip
As always, when working with chocolate recipes, you have to work slow. There is no cutting corners when it comes to melting chocolate.
Chocolate easily burns OR turns into a solid hard rock, so you have to take your time melting down the chocolate chips and the marshmallows. Keep your saucepan on LOW, which takes about 10 minutes of steady stirring to melt down.
Second, I am the queen of burning things in the broiler – when you move to the broiling portion of this recipe to golden brown and melt the marshmallows in the oven, you have to keep an eye there. Marshmallows are one of the food items that burn quick, so I recommend NOT walking away when making this dip.
Choosing Chocolate Chips
Personally I like milk chocolate chocolate chips. But you could easily change out your chocolate chips to any flavor and there really are so many! From semi-sweet chips, to dark, white chocolate or even mixing whatever chocolate chips you have in the pantry, this dip can really be made so many ways with so many kinds of chocolate chips.
Oven Baked Marshmallow Fudge S’mores Dip
Unlike just plain chocolate and marshmallows, this chocolate dip includes melted marshmallows and butter to really give a nice thick smooth fudge flavor to the dip.
Full measurements with an easy to follow printable recipe card are at the bottom of the post, helping you print for shopping and to cook in the kitchen. Here is what you need to gather.
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- graham crackers
How to make S’mores Dip
Add chocolate chips, milk and butter to a saucepan.
Heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted.
Stir in 1 cup of marshmallows and continue to heat and mix constantly until melted.
Oven S’mores Dip
Pour melted chocolate into a 2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top in a nice layer.
Broil dip in the oven for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and browned.
Easy, Enjoyable S’mores Dippers
Serve immediately with a delicious dipper. Here are a few of my no fail favorite ways to lap up some chocolate and marshmallow.
- Graham Crackers
- Fresh Strawberries
- Is awesome for this American Flag Fruit Tray
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 bag, 10.5 oz, mini marshmallows, divided
- graham crackers for serving
- Add milk chocolate chips, milk and butter to a saucepan.
- Heat over low to medium low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Please note you have to be super patient here and melt the chocolate SLOW or it will burn.
- Once the butter and chocolate are all melted, stir in 1 cup of marshmallows and continue to heat and mix constantly until all marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mini marshmallows on top of the dip.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and browned. Please note that broilers work fast once heated, so its advisable to stand near the oven and check every 10 seconds once the you notice the marshmallows are browning.
- Serve S'mores Dip immediately with graham crackers, cookies, or strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 460Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugar: 61gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.