Ooey, gooey melty S’mores dip – a delicious Marshmallow Fudge S’mores Dip Recipe with a toasted golden marshmallow layer and a rich and creamy chocolate center is the perfect American Campfire Treat right in the kitchen.
Starting with deliciously sweet milk chocolate chips, butter, and marshmallows, the thick melty chocolate is the perfect base for a toasty marshmallow top. An easy stovetop melted, oven broiled, 15-minute dessert or appetizer that is just SO addicting to eat!
Unlike just plain chocolate and marshmallows, this chocolate dip recipe includes melted marshmallows and butter to give the dip a nice thick, smooth fudge flavor.
Why you should make Oven S’mores
Dips Rule: Dessert Dips are the BEST. No matter whether it’s for a party, potluck, or simply a sweet treat in your own home, the combination of chocolate with marshmallows will make everyone happy!
No Campfire Needed: Traditionally, smores are reserved for camping. This tried, and true dessert is a classic with two giant graham crackers, a marshmallow, and a chocolate bar. Now you can skip the bugs or setting up the tent and enjoy the same nostalgic taste in 15 minutes. I call that a win!
- chocolate chips – When making S’mores dip, the most classic taste is semi-sweet chocolate chips, but this recipe can take some variation with peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips. While dark chocolate is tempting, it doesn’t always melt the best, so I tend to stay away from it.
- Butter – Unsalted butter works great in this chocolate dish.
- Mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows melt the most evenly across the top and allow for every bite of this chocolate and marshmallow dip to contain some golden brown marshmallow. The more enormous marshmallows can be denser and puff up more.
- Graham crackers – Just like an original s’more, graham crackers and graham cracker sticks are fantastic for dipping and are a top choice for a sweet treat.
How to make S’mores Dip
- Add chocolate chips, milk, and butter to a saucepan.
- Heat chocolate chips over medium low heat, frequently stirring until chocolate is fully melted.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows and heat, and constantly mix until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a 2-quart casserole dish or small cast-iron skillet.
- Sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top in a nice single layer.
- Place baking dish in the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and browned. Be careful not to walk away from the broiler to prevent burned marshmallows. You only want gooey goodness here!
Working with Chocolate
- As always, when working with chocolate recipes, you have to work slow. There are no cutting corners when it comes to melting chocolate.
- Chocolate quickly burns OR turns into a solid hard rock, so you have to take your time melting down the chocolate chips and the marshmallows. Keep your saucepan on LOW, which takes about 10 minutes of steady stirring to meltdown.
- Second, I am the queen of burning things in the broiler – when you move to the broiling portion of this recipe to golden brown and melt the marshmallows in the oven, you have to keep an eye there. Marshmallows are food items that burn quickly, so I recommend NOT walking away when making this dip.
- Choosing Chocolate Chips: I like milk chocolate chips. But you could easily change out your chocolate chips to any flavor, and there are so many! From semi-sweet chips to dark, white chocolate or even mixing whatever chocolate chips you have in the pantry, this dip can be made in so many ways with so many kinds of chocolate chips.
It can, but I do not recommend it. Chocolate easily seizes up in the microwave, and it becomes a mess. If you choose to make this dessert dish in the microwave, melt chocolate only at 30-second intervals.
S’mores dip can generally be heated again by placing the baking dish back in the oven until the chocolate and marshmallows are fully melted again.
Best S’mores Dippers
Here are a few of my no-fail favorite ways to lap up some melty chocolate and toasted marshmallow and satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Fresh Strawberries
- Churros or a Churro Nacho
- Shortbread Cookies
- Animal Crackers
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nilla Wafers
Related Dessert Dip Recipes
- Absolutley a favorite in this house, there is nothing better than this cherry cheesecake dip recipe.
- How to make a perfect chocolate chip cheeseball.
- There is a reason this dip recipe went viral.
- Hot Cocoa Dip is a Campfire Drink in a dippable appetizer.
- They call this booty dip recipe that because if you eat it all…you get a big booty!
- Coffee in a dip? Yes, please.
- Skip melting those chocolate chips and mix them up this way –
Connect with Us!