This easy chicken parmesan dinner is an all in one oven baked chicken parmesan recipe that is baked, not fried!
With over a million likes and 82,000 shares, this juicy chicken dinner is easy to make, kid-approved, and does require frying chicken like traditional recipes of this type.
Why you will love making this Chicken Dinner Recipe.
Quick – While there are certainly more authentic baked chicken parmesan recipes, there are not as many that can compete with how quick and easy this is.
And with sports, homework, and everyone coming in for work, having quick dinner recipes (that are still flavorful) is sometimes the best thing you can do all week for yourself.
Other lazy dinners that fill this mold are our favorite chicken and rice casserole recipe, million-dollar spaghetti, and, of course, this viral dump and bake chicken alfredo recipe.
Where did this Easy Chicken Parmesan Dinner come from?
Classic parmesan with a twist, this is a lazy day chicken parm your family will love on a busy weeknight. This was a viral recipe on the FYP on TikTok from creator @mamaearacleous. See the full video recipe below!
Would we eat this TikTok Chicken Parmesan Dinner again?
This is simple and good. My husband loves chicken parmigiana and said this was a good recipe. We are so excited to share it with you!
See ALL our Viral Recipes here! <—– our other website dedicated to trends.
- pasta sauce or jarred marinara sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- skinless chicken breast
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- spaghetti noodles
- optional – seasonings like Italian, kosher salt, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and black pepper.
How to make TikTok Chicken Parmesan
When working with more than one piece of chicken, use a meat mallet to pound all pieces the same size. This ensures cooking simultaneously and, more likely, one piece won’t be over or underdone when the Chicken Parm Recipe is finished.
- Preheat oven to 375 and spread one jar of pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the tomato sauce and dredge and dip chicken in sauce to coat both sides of the chicken. Make sure the chicken is a single layer.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of water before draining and keeping the pasta warm.
- Remove from oven, and remove aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle chicken with shredded fresh mozzarella cheese and top with additional grated parmesan. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Toss cooked pasta with reserved water and top with chicken. Drizzle with sauce. Serve topped with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Variations & Tips
Skip the pasta noodles and use zoodles made from zucchini or spiralized spaghetti squash.
While I would never use light and healthy in the same sentence with a recipe as rich and filling as Parmesan chicken pasta, this version doesn’t have fried chicken, including bread crumbs or a bread crumb mixture, and is a much lighter version comparatively.
Use leftover chicken and pasta sauce between toasted bread for a delicious sandwich. This also makes an easy weeknight meal that is also a simple recipe.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and use the microwave to warm them.
Serve a heavy dish with a lighter side dish. For a complete meal, we recommend an oven roasted broccoli recipe, crinkle cut roasted carrots recipe, or this delicious brussels sprouts side dish.
Are the boneless chicken breasts cooked before adding them to the pasta sauce? No. The chicken breasts go in as raw chicken.
Is this an Italian Recipe? Traditionally absolutely, but this is an Americanized version of the classic favorite dish.
Can I use homemade sauce? Yes! Store-bought sauce or homemade sauce both work.
Can chicken parm be made in the air fryer? Pretty much anything can be duplicated in an Air Fryer, but I do not have the instructions here. It would take experimentation. You can start with our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe to learn how to make chicken in the air fryer.
Related Viral Dinner Recipes
- You may call this lunch but i call this a fantastic dinner for one! Try TikTok Garlic Sesame Noodles for a simple recipe that will make college kids incredibly happy.
- Sweet and delicious, serve up crispy sesame chicken with rice.
- Air Fryer taco bell wontons for the win!
- this TikTok Marry Me Chicken Recipe is heaven on a plate.
- Want some real Italian? Try our Old Fashioned Italian Meatballs Recipe – SO YUM.
- 2021s most shared recipe – TikTok Baked Feta Pasta.
- The ultimate Disney Grilled Cheese can be made in your house (Without the pricy ticket).
Leave A Reply!