This fun and easy chocolate dip is perfect to dip a side of strawberries, homemade churros, and so much more.
A mix between chocolate fondue and chocolate ganache, chocolate dip can be whipped up in minutes and provides an easy, creamy, and delicious dip to enjoy at parties and beyond.
Why you should make Chocolate for Dipping
QUICK: The prep time for this dessert dip is just so quick! Creamy chocolate fruit dip will be there for you as the perfect appetizer at a party. As long as you have the ingredients, its a couple of minutes till served.
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Kids love this one! From licking excess chocolate off of spoons to dipping in large berries and vanilla wafers, there are no complaints from the littlest in the fam.
CHARCUTERIE BOARD IDEA: The biggest trend of last year included amazing charcuterie boards full of cheeses, fruits, and even candies! This dip displays and works great for all those goodies at your next event.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – The basis of all chocolate recipes whether you are talking about fudge or dip is good quality chocolate. In this case, using semi-sweet chocolate chips is the most common but the chocolate chips can also vary from white chocolate chips, or dark chocolate as well.
- heavy whipping cream – Heavy cream is typically found in the same place as coffee creamers in the grocery store and is less liquidy than milk. It also gives a nice rich flavor that is perfect for a special occasion.
- vanilla extract – A great balance to this sweet treat, add a bit of vanilla to the bowl of chocolate to liven up the flavor and full chocolate dessert experience.
- Dipping items such as pretzel crisps, pound or angel food cake, fresh strawberries, large marshmallows, and pineapple chunks.
How to make 3 ingredient chocolate dip
- Add milk chocolate chips to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and vanilla, and whisk constantly until smooth and glossy. The mixture may get a little clumpy since the cream is cold and the chocolate is warm.
- Continue to whisk melted chocolate and it will all incorporate and become smooth.
- Serve immediately with desired dippers.
What to dip in chocolate dipping sauce
The most common way to enjoy 3-Ingredient chocolate fruit dip is of course with fruit. Hands down, strawberries in chocolate are the most common but coating with chocolate can be enjoyed on many other items as well.
Drizzle chocolate sauce with dippers like squares of pound cake, bits of brownies, Rice Krispie treats delicious berries and cut-up bananas. The full chocolate bliss starts with an array of decadently chocolate dippers so dial up the creativity, charcuterie board, and get creative!
Does this chocolate dip harden?
It won’t harden at room temp, but it’s similar to spreadable butter at room temp. Still can scoop the chocolate out of the bowl, but note it won’t be drippy like when you first make it.
How to reheat Easy Chocolate Dip
You can reheat slowly in the microwave (in a microwave-safe bowl) to get it back to the original softer chocolate mixture state – I’d start with 60 seconds on 50% power and then stir stir stir! Repeat as many times as necessary.
Is this dessert dip recipe like hot chocolate dip?
The hot chocolate dip recipe isn’t the same type of dip. Hot chocolate dip is a viral recipe that mixes hot chocolate mix (hot chocolate powder), cool whip, and marshmallow creme. Its meant to be served cold like peanut butter apple dip or cherry cheesecake dip.
This chocolate dip recipe, however, is more of dipping fondue chocolate and uses simple ingredients and fresh fruit for a more chocolate drizzle experience.
Related Chocolate Recipes
- This quick 5 minute dessert dip will keep you coming back for more!
- The original hot chocolate cocoa bomb recipe that set the internet on fire.
- Not all dips come in a bowl! This chocolate chip cheeseball looks stunning on a holiday table.
- Skip the morning brew and try cappuccino coffee in your dip instead.
- Grab and go, this buckeye ball recipe will remind you of Christmas cookie exchanges!
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries aren’t the only way to enjoy fresh fruit – harden strawberries with this unique tanghulu recipe.
Connect with Us!