Deviled Egg Dip is a creamy and delicious dip that takes the perfect flavors of a deviled egg sandwich and creates a smooth finish dip that you cannot keep your fingers out of. Whipped up in minutes, it’s a go-to dip that will make your table every holiday.
All the families that gather have their “feature” recipe, and somehow I got saddled with having the best-deviled eggs…and to be honest, they are outstanding.
Simply done, there isn’t a secret ingredient to my deviled eggs. It’s just good blending. And this dip is the same way- classic, straightforward ingredients, blended well and served up quickly.
If you love deviled eggs (and who doesn’t), you will adore this deviled egg dip. It takes all the good parts and puts them in a bowl so you can dip or spread over and over again!
This dip recipe is great for a crowd and different from the usual spinach dip or pico de gallo adorning the countertop.
- Hard-boiled eggs – You will need to hard boil your eggs before you get started. I like to make it easy and use my pressure cooker. Here is my recipe for Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs (Ninja Foodi)
- Real mayonnaise – I am not a snob about most food, but I would say that using Hellmann’s is the difference between a good dip and a great dip.
- Dijon mustard – You COULD use regular yellow mustard, but why would you? Dijon mustard provides a little bit of kick and sweetness to the whole dish.
- Hot sauce – Before you ask, the hot sauce does not make the egg yolk hot. It just provides a valuable bit of bite that is expected at dips for holiday parties.
- Table or kosher salt and black pepper – Seasoning is significant for eggs, so do not skimp on the salt and pepper.
- Dippers– This is the perfect recipe to try crispy little melba toast rounds. Tortilla and potato chips are familiar with dips but are not so great with deviled egg flavors. Keep with crackers and bread-based dippers.
- Garnish – Fresh parsley sleaves and some paprika for garnish work perfectly. The golden-red of the paprika compliments the yellow mustard and egg yolk, and the green in the fresh herb stands out. Similarly and with way more flavor, green onions, fresh dill, and diced onions make great toppings too.
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS DIP
- Add boiled eggs to a food processor and process for 10 seconds. Continue processing until eggs are broken down.
- Season broken eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce and process for another 10 seconds until combined well and as smooth as you want.
- Serve egg dip with parsley as a garnish and melba toast or Ritz Crackers to dip.
- As far as cutting up the eggs for the dip, I used a FOOD PROCESSOR for this dip. However, it’s super easy to use an egg slicer if you do not have one. Just slice the egg and then turn it 90 degrees to slice again. Your dip won’t be as smooth but will still taste amazing. Alternatively, use a blender (my go-to when I didn’t have a processor).
- In the video, I was making this dip at a friends, and she had a Vitamix, so we made it in that. Even with a processor, make sure you chop up your eggs first, or they might get stuck in the blades.
- Turn this dip into “Mississippi sin” eggs by adding a little cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and some small diced ham pieces.
- If you are looking for a more filling dip, try BLT deviled egg dip by serving with a topping of diced tomatoes, bacon, and small bits of lettuce. Or even turn the dip into a spread by adding to a BLT itself! This dip makes a great tortilla wrap or lettuce wrap filler and is flavorful.
What to serve with Deviled Eggs dip
- Bagel Crisps
- Garlic Toast
- Melba Toast *recommended*
- Raw Vegetables
- Large chunks of bread (like you would with spinach dip)
More Great Toppers
Other than those mentioned above, top deviled eggs dip with other greats normally seen on regular deviled eggs like relish, crispy bacon pieces, avocado (really! we even have an avocado deviled egg recipe if you want to go all-in), or pimentos.
- Also, if you love deviled eggs, you must try this Deviled Eggs Pasta – I made it last year for Christmas, and it’s fantastic!
- Bacon spinach dip is a great cheesy spin on a fan favorite.
- Savory dips require a follow-up of a dessert dip, so this 5 minute chocolate chip dip or this TikTok viral booty dip recipe are both really great contenders and take minutes.
- Fan favorite viral whipped olive feta dip will be gone in a flash – and try its cousin whipped cranberry feta dip.
Connect with Us!