The best way to use Frozen Farm Fresh Mozzarella Sticks is, hands down, the air fryer.
The ooey gooey cheese lights up with a crispy breading and ooey gooey center, making air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks the most perfectly delicious snack.
Why you will love making Frozen Mozz Sticks in Air Fryer!
Not everyone has time for homemade from-scratch recipes during the school and workweek. Quite honestly, it’s also nice to enjoy a meal, side dish, or appetizer without a messy kitchen.
Learning to make simple frozen food items quickly in the Air fryer can be relieving for any family.
They just taste so good: Air Frying frozen foods really assist in taking a flash-frozen item and making it crispy on the outside and tender on the inside without any deep frying oil and in half the time.
Quick and Easy: Let’s face it – the best part of frozen food is ease and speed. No matter the model of air fryer you use (we use a Ninja Foodi), this can be done in under 10 minutes, with a short 5-minute preheat and a short 5-minute cook time.
Great for any meal or party: Golden Brown gooey mozzarella sticks are amazing as quick snacks, an easy appetizer recipe, and really to munch on during movie night as the best tasty snack! So grab your frozen appetizers, and let’s get to the cooking process.
How to make Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
For this recipe, we used Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Sticks. There are probably many different brands at your local grocery store to choose from as well.
While you can make homemade mozzarella sticks (which is another recipe with string cheese entirely), there is no need to break out a block of mozzarella cheese, egg mixture, and a deep fryer to enjoy the best cheese sticks. Just let the air fryer work its magic for rich mozzarella sticks and gooey cheese.
- For best results, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Not preheating will completely alter the cooking time.
- Place frozen sticks in a single layer in the air crisp air fryer basket and heat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. In our tests, heating at higher temperatures will explode the cheese from the sides into having no cheese in the center. This same thing can happen in the microwave, which is why the microwave is not a method I prefer to use when heating up any frozen foods that have cheese centers.
- Remove cooked mozzarella sticks from the basket (tongs work great) and serve immediately with a variety of dipping sauces like your favorite marinara sauce. They should be perfectly crispy mozzarella sticks! If repeating to additional batches, just redo the entire air fryer cheese sticks process.
Air Fryer is perfect for Frozen Mozzarella Sticks.
Just like cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer, cooking mozzarella sticks in the air fryer is simply the best way to cook them. The outer bread crumbs are crispy and crunchy on all sides, and the cheese in the center is so full of cheesy goodness that you may lose yourself in the whole box!
In fact, we use this same method to make homemade air fried babybel cheese too.
Favorite Dipping Sauce
The best thing about these frozen cheese sticks is the sauce for dipping!
If you are wondering what sauces to serve with air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, here are some of our very favorite ways to chow down.
Expert Air Fryer Tips
Below you will find Air Fryer Cook Times and the best cooking temperature to make frozen air fryer mozzarella sticks.
To sum up, preheat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Cook mozzarella sticks for 5 minutes and remove with tongs.
- Air Fryer Model we used: Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart
- Preheat: 5 minutes
- Heat: 360 degrees
- Cook: 5 minutes
Related Air Fryer Recipes
- Side Dishes: Learn how to make baked potatoes in an air fryer that has crispy skin and a soft, tender center. Need some veggies? Try ninja foodi air fried green beans and bacon.
- Appetizers: Not only are mozzarella sticks a fan favorite, but air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus, crispy parmesan garlic air fried green beans, and air fryer bacon wrapped jalapenos are close behind on the yum scale.
- Breakfast: Did you know that you can make ninja foodi breakfast casserole?
- Main Dish Meals: Perfectly seasoned air fryer chicken tenders or air fryer bacon wrapped chicken complement every dish.
Connect with Us!