The best way to use Frozen Farm Fresh Mozzarella Sticks is, hands down, in the air fryer.
The cheese lights up with a crispy breading and ooey gooey center, making air-fried frozen mozzarella sticks the most perfectly delicious snack.
The Magic of the Air Fryer
If you have an Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, chances are you are ready to take frozen foods to the next level. Making the perfect snack has never been easier! If you’re a fan of cheesy delights, then this recipe for Farm Rich cheese sticks in an air fryer will make you swoon.
Using an air fryer to cook mozzarella sticks, especially the frozen kind, ensures a crispy exterior with a melted, gooey interior. Unlike traditional frying, air frying offers a healthier approach as it requires little to no oil.
Tips and Tricks:
- Always ensure that your mozzarella sticks are frozen solid. This prevents them from oozing out and maintains the desired texture.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. It’s essential for the hot air to circulate around each stick to guarantee even cooking.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Healthier Option: Air-frying farm-rich mozzarella sticks offers a healthier alternative to traditional frying, cutting back on excess oil and fat.
- Consistent Results: Air frying ensures even cooking, so every bite is a perfect blend of crispy and gooey.
- Quick and Easy: With the magic of air frying, these mozzarella sticks, especially the frozen kind, take no time. It’s a hassle-free snack or appetizer for any occasion.
- They just taste so good: Air Frying frozen foods really assists in taking a flash-frozen item and making it crispy on the outside and tender on the inside without any deep frying oil and in half the time.
Great for any meal or party: Golden Brown gooey mozzarella sticks are amazing as quick snacks, an easy appetizer recipe, and really to munch on during movie night as the best tasty snack! So grab your frozen appetizers, and let’s get to the cooking process.
How to make Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks.
For this recipe, we used Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Sticks. There are probably many different brands at your local grocery store to choose from as well.
While you can make homemade mozzarella sticks (which is entirely another recipe with string cheese), there is no need to break out a block of mozzarella cheese, an egg mixture, and a deep fryer to enjoy the best cheese sticks. Just let the air fryer work its magic for rich mozzarella sticks and gooey cheese.
- For best results, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Not preheating will completely alter the cooking time.
- Place frozen sticks in a single layer in the air crisp air fryer basket and heat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. In our tests, heating at higher temperatures will explode the cheese from the sides, leaving no cheese in the center. This same thing can happen in the microwave, which is why the microwave is not a method I prefer to use when heating any frozen foods that have cheese centers.
- Remove cooked mozzarella sticks from the basket (tongs work great) and serve immediately with various dipping sauces, like your favorite marinara sauce. They should be perfectly crispy mozzarella sticks! If repeating to additional batches, just redo the entire air fryer cheese stick process.
Air Fryer is perfect for Frozen Mozzarella Sticks.
How to fry mozzarella sticks using the air fryer?
Just like cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer, cooking mozzarella sticks in the air fryer is simply the best way to cook them. The outer bread crumbs are crispy and crunchy on all sides, and the cheese in the center is so full of cheesy goodness that you may lose yourself in the whole box!
In fact, we use this same method to make homemade air fried babybel cheese too.
Favorite Dipping Sauce
The best thing about these frozen cheese sticks is the sauce for dipping!
If you are wondering what sauces to serve with air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, here are some of our very favorite ways to chow down.
Expert Air Fryer Tips
Below you will find Air Fryer Cook Times and the best cooking temperature to make frozen air fryer mozzarella sticks.
How long to cook frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer?
To sum up, preheat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Cook mozzarella sticks for 5 minutes and remove with tongs.
- Air Fryer Model we used: Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart
- Preheat: 5 minutes
- Heat: 360 degrees
- Cook: 5 minutes
Related Air Fryer Recipes
- Side Dishes: Learn how to make baked potatoes in an air fryer with crispy skin and a soft, tender center. Need some veggies? Try ninja foodi air fried green beans and bacon.
- Appetizers: Not only are mozzarella sticks a fan favorite, but air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus, crispy parmesan garlic air fried green beans, and air fryer bacon wrapped jalapenos are close behind on the yum scale.
- Breakfast: Did you know that you can make ninja foodi breakfast casserole?
- Main Dish Meals: Perfectly seasoned air fryer chicken tenders or air fryer bacon wrapped chicken complements every dish.
Connect with Us!