Looking for gooey mozzarella sticks? You have come to the right place to learn how easy it is to take frozen mozzarella sticks from a regular oven to the ease of an Air Fryer. Below you will find Air Fryer Cook Times and the best cooking temperature to make frozen air fryer mozzarella sticks.
If you have an Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, chances are you are ready to take frozen foods to the next level.
Not everyone has time for homemade from scratch recipes during the school and workweek. Quite honestly it’s also nice to enjoy a meal, side dish, or appetizer without a messy kitchen.
Learning to make simple frozen food items quickly in the Air fryer can be relieving for any family.
But why an Air Fryer over the toaster oven?
They just taste so good: Air Frying frozen foods really assist in taking a flash-frozen item and making it crispy on the outside and tender on the inside without any deep frying oil and in half the time. This method not only works with frozen mozzarella cheese sticks but frozen chicken nuggets, frozen pizza rolls and so much more!
Quick and Easy: Let’s face it – the best part of frozen food is ease and speed. No matter the model of air fryer you use (we use a Ninja Foodi) this can be done in under 10 minutes, with a short 5 minute preheat and a short 5 minute cook time.
Great for any meal or party: Golden Brown mozzarella sticks are amazing as quick snacks, an easy appetizer, and really to munch on during movie night as the best tasty snack! So grab your frozen appetizers and let’s get to the cooking process.
Why you will love using an Air Fryer for Mozz Sticks
Just like cooking frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer, cooking mozzarella sticks in the air fryer is simply the best way to cook them. The outer bread crumbs are crispy and crunchy on all sides and the cheese in the center is so full of cheesy goodness that you may lose yourself in the whole box!
In fact, we use this same method with making homemade air fried babybel cheese too
How to Air Fry Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
For this recipe, we used Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Sticks. There are probably many different brands at your local grocery store to choose from as well.
While you can make homemade mozzarella sticks (which is another recipe entirely) there is no need to break out a block of mozzarella cheese, egg mixture, and a deep fryer to enjoy the best cheese sticks. Just let the air fryer work its magic for rich mozzarella sticks and gooey cheese.
- For best results, preheat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Not preheating will completely alter the cooking time.
- Place frozen sticks in a single layer in the air crisp basket and heat for 5 minutes, at 360 degrees. In our tests, heating at higher temperatures will explode the cheese out of the sides into having no cheese in the center. This same thing can happen in the microwave, which is why the microwave is not a method I prefer to use when heating up any frozen foods that have cheese centers.
- Remove cooked mozzarella sticks from the basket (tongs work great) and serve immediately with a variety of dipping sauces like your favorite marinara sauce. They should be perfectly crispy mozzarella sticks! If repeating to additional batches, just redo the process.
DIPPING SAUCE IDEAS
The best thing about these frozen cheese sticks is the sauce for dipping! If you are wondering what sauces to serve with air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, here are some of our very favorite ways to chow down.
How long do you cook frozen mozzarella sticks in Air Fryer?
To sum up, preheat for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. Cook mozzarella sticks for 5 minutes and remove with tongs.
- Air Fryer Model we used: Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart
- Preheat: 5 minutes
- Heat: 360 degrees
- Cook: 5 minutes
RELATED AIR FRYER RECIPES
Connect with Us!
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air Fryer
- frozen mozzarella sticks
- marinara sauce for dipping - optional
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Place frozen cheese sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket and heat for 5 minutes, at 360 degrees.
- Remove finished and air fried mozzarella sticks carefully from basket using tongs.
- Serve immediately while still hot and melty.
- Sauces that go great with cheese sticks are marinara and ranch.
- This recipe uses Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Sticks, which are slightly smaller than restaurant sized homemade mozzarella sticks as most frozen ones are. This 10 oz. package had 2.5 servings per box. 5 sticks is one serving.
- Tomato Sauce
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- Homemade Marinara Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Dip
- Thick Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Pizza Sauce