A great choice for a healthy start, try making this viral breakfast recipe for Oatmeal Crepes!
Homemade Crepes do not have to be complicated and are a great way to enjoy tender oat crepes that can be eaten alone or filled and topped to your taste.
Delicious, easy, and a great sweet OR savory breakfast, crepes are a great choice and a lighter substitution for pancakes.
Why you will love making Oatmeal Crepes
Favorite Toppings await – No matter whether you want to make healthy crepes or decadent desserts like French crepes, the thin layer of dough in crepe recipes keeps the focus on the lightly sweet taste of the topping or filling. Get creative or leave it simple – this oatmeal crepe can handle both.
Mix up mornings – Not every morning needs a rich breakfast casserole recipe to be tasty and delicious! Crepes are an unusual choice over American pancakes and will be a welcome change for the start of the day.
- old fashioned oats
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- Topping and favorite fillings – We suggest Cool Whip whipped topping, melted butter, powdered sugar, and sliced fresh fruit.
How to make Oatmeal Crepes
- Add oats, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder to a food processor and process for 20 seconds or until finely ground.
- Add egg and milk and process until combined. Please note that the batter won’t be smooth batter like pancake batter (more like eggless pancakes) due to the old-fashioned oats.
- Heat a lightly greased 10″ skillet over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add three tablespoons of crepes batter to the skillet, and lift and swirl the skillet in a circular motion to spread the batter in a thin layer.
- Return the skillet and batter to the heat and brown on one side.
- Homemade crepes are usually done with the side facing up in the pan, thoroughly cooked, and no longer shiny. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter. Spread golden brown crepes with whipped topping before folding into fourths and serving.
Our thoughts on TikTok Oatmeal Crepes.
These crepes were not the same as traditional crepes, but they were good! I’d double or triple the recipe if I made it for more than one person.
I used a 10″ skillet, which made an 8″ crepe. And 8″ isn’t that huge when you fold them down. This made three at that size. I believe if you went with a smaller size, say a 6″ pan, it would make 4 or 5.
The simple ingredients create not overly sweet crepes, and the whipped topping adds just enough sweetness but not richness.
But please note that if you spread whipped topping on the hot crepes, it will quickly melt and disappear. The flavor is still there, but it melts.
If you want to see the full TikTok video, we followed for this recipe, head here.
Savory Crepes – There are many savory fillings and savory ingredients that you can use inside oatmeal crepes. Turn them into a full breakfast by adding scrambled eggs, chia seeds, egg whites, nut butters, cream cheese, or goat cheese.
Sweet Crepes – Dessert crepes are delicious as well! Try drizzling with chocolate sauce, caramel syrup, blueberry sauce, or honey, filling with natural fruit berries like raspberries or fresh strawberries, or adding a bit of Nutella and banana!
We also love the idea of a sweet filling like lemon curd or marmalade!
Variations – While we haven’t tried this yet, an excellent variation in testing is to skip the milk and opt for your milk of choice, like unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
Related Viral Breakfast Recipes
- Did you know that you can grate eggs over toast?
- Jammy eggs are the in-between egg you always wanted.
- Try an incredible pesto eggs recipe – a savory breakfast choice!
- This air fryer biscuits recipe will teach you how to make perfect morning biscuits quickly and without an oven!
- One pan tiktok egg sandwich hack.
- TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is the recipe for 2022!
- Combine pancakes and waffles for French Toast Waffles – the sweetest breakfast ever!
- Lastly, if you love oats, this microwave-friendly baked oats recipe is a quick way to get nutrition on the way to work or to college.
Leave A Reply!