This creamy hard to resist dip with Bacon and Swiss will leave you drooling! A hot and cheesy cream cheese dip loaded with bacon and is the ultimate party food.
Perfect for parties, game days, and movie nights, Bacon Swiss Cheese Dip will feed a crowd or feed yourself.
Why you will love making Swiss Cheese Dip!
Incredibly Tasty and Unique: This is so good! I think it’s my favorite dip, maybe because most of them use cheddar, and this one doesn’t!
I love swiss and love the unique savory flavors. You can really taste the swiss cheese. As an alteration, I think this would be super easy to make with ham, too!
No baking required: Unlike many other warm dip recipes, this dip needs no baking. Just a few minutes in the microwave and ready, making the recipe perfect for football party refills.
- cream cheese
- real mayonnaise
- Swiss cheese
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- green onions
- 4 round buttery crackers, crushed
- buttery crackers, bagel chips, or breadsticks for serving
How to make Warm Bacon Swiss Dip
- Place cream cheese and mayonnaise in a microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
- Add shredded swiss cheese, cooked bacon, and green onions and mix until combined well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir well until all cheese is melted and smooth.
- Top with crushed crackers and serve immediately with crackers or tortilla chips.
Bacon and Cheese Dip Tips
More Bacon? I don’t think it needs more bacon, but I’d double the number of slices if you want more bacon vs. cheese. I like tasting most of the cheese vs. bacon and onion.
Easy to make: It’s crazy easy to make and super delicious and warm.
Microwave over the oven – I was worried it would be ruined when I microwaved it. The edges of the bowl in the microwave were “cooked” more than I wanted, but when I stirred it all up, it was perfect! Depending on your microwave, you might need to add additional time, but I didn’t!
Do leftovers reheat? Yes! Bacon and Swiss dip reheats well, too.
What does swiss cheese taste like?
Swiss cheese has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with a creamy, buttery texture. It has a mild, slightly salty taste and is a bit tangy.
What do you dip into Swiss Cheese Dip?
Our favorite ingredients to serve with this dip are baguette slices and buttery crackers like Ritz. That being said, what you choose to dip with is up to you!
Here are some suggestions that are common as party appetizers:
Assorted Crackers: Crackers are another excellent option for dipping into the Swiss cheese dip. Triscuits and Wheat thins are great options.
Veggie Sticks: Dip sliced vegetables such as carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers, and cucumbers into the Swiss cheese dip for a healthier alternative to chips and crackers.
Pita Bread: Pita bread is an excellent choice for dipping into the Swiss cheese dip. Dip it into the dip and enjoy the warm, melted cheese and the crunchy pita.
Pretzels: Pretzels are an excellent accompaniment to Swiss cheese dip as their crunchy texture perfectly compliments the creamy, cheesy dip.
French Fries: French fries are a classic side dish to dip into the Swiss cheese dip. Whether you prefer thin-cut or thick-cut fries, they will be delicious when dipped into a cheesy bacon dip. Everyone loves a loaded fry!
Why should you soften cream cheese for recipes?
Softening cream cheese helps to make it easier to mix and spread. Softening cream cheese also helps to make it creamier and more spreadable.
Making a recipe that calls for softened cream cheese, like a dip or spread, will help create a smoother and more consistent texture. Softening cream cheese also allows it to blend better with other ingredients, resulting in a more uniform flavor.
- Place the block of cream cheese in a bowl and let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a spoon or spatula to stir the cream cheese until it is softened and creamy.
- If the cream cheese is still too firm, add a tablespoon of heavy cream or softened butter to the bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
What are the best Warm Dip Recipes?
Spinach Artichoke Dip: This classic warm dip will surely be a hit at any gathering. It combines artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and spices for a creamy, flavorful dip.
Queso Fundido: This Mexican-style dip combines chorizo, onions, peppers, and melted cheese for an irresistibly cheesy and flavorful dip. Serve with warm tortillas or chips for a delicious snack.
Buffalo Chicken Dip: This creamy dip combines shredded chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, and seasoning for a tangy and flavorful dip. Serve with celery and carrot sticks for a delicious snack.
Bacon Swiss Cheese Dip
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- 8 oz. swiss cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
For Serving with Dip
- Ritz Crackers
- Various Vegetables
- Place softened cream cheese and mayonnaise in a microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
- Add freshly shredded swiss cheese, cooked bacon, and green onions and mix until combined well.
- Microwave cheese mixture on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir dip well until all cheese is melted and smooth.
- Top with crushed buttery crackers and serve immediately while still hot.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.