Papaya Salad has never tasted better when combined with fresh strawberries, feta cheese, and a light homemade dressing.
The perfect summer lunch idea, this salad recipe is not only refreshing but also brings in all the fresh summer fruits before they pass to a new season.
Why You Will Love Making Summer Salad Recipes
Using Fresh Summer Produce: Bringing in all the best summer has to offer, the sweet taste of strawberries and papaya combined with crisp green spinach leaves is the perfect tangy and sweet combination for poolside lounging.
There’s no need to go out to Panera Bread or your local salad and sandwich shop to get all those fantastic flavors.
- Fresh Summer Fruit: papaya and strawberries
- Vegetables: cucumber, tomato, diced red onion, sliced thin
- Herbs: chopped fresh cilantro
- Dressing – lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, and ancho chili powder.
- spinach leaves
- Feta cheese
How to Make Papaya Salad with Strawberries and Feta
- Mix well in a mixing bowl with papaya, strawberries, spinach, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, and chili powder. Whisk well.
- Drizzle on top of the salad and mix well to combine evenly.
- Serve immediately topped with feta cheese or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir well before serving, and top generously with crumbled feta cheese.
Easy Papaya Salad Variations
Switch it up! Try adding blueberries for a splash of savory flavor or grilled chicken for a little protein.
Strawberry and spinach salad recipe also goes great with mint leaves and varying dressings like Poppyseed dressing or champagne vinaigrette.
Related Fresh Summer Salad Recipes
- This creamy grape salad recipe with Greek yogurt is a great dessert salad recipe.
- Fresh dill, cucumber, and radishes make a bold, bright salad for a burger side.
- If you love strawberries, this strawberry Caprese salad recipe is sweet, savory, and oh-so-delicious.
- Papaya isn’t the only summer fruit that can make a salad stand out! Try this Peach Caprese Salad recipe that includes fresh juicy summer peaches.
- One of my favorites is this fiesta corn salad recipe with all summer flavors.
- Want to test some trending food? Try TikTok Favorite Salad Recipe, Natures Cereal, Summertime Street Corn Dip recipe, or finely diced tiktok Shirazi salad.
Papaya Salad with Strawberries and Feta
Papaya & Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- ½ fresh Papaya seeds removed, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups ripe strawberries quartered
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small cucumber quartered
- 1 large tomato diced
- ¼ red onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ancho chili powder optional, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine cubed papaya, quartered strawberries, spinach leaves, quartered cucumber, diced tomato, sliced red onion, and fresh cilantro leaves. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, and optional chili powder. Whisk dressing together well.
- Drizzle dressing on top of spinach strawberry salad and mix well to evenly combine.
- Serve immediately topped with feta cheese.
- Please note – if not serving immediately, wait till serving to combine dressing and feta.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.