Loaded Jalapeno Popper Dip made with bacon, cream cheese, and Parmesan topping is easily oven-baked for a hot, creamy appetizer dip that WOWS!
From tailgating to an at-home movie snack, this dip is a super popular dip, and for good reason.
Served at even popular restaurants like Chuys, this perfect jalapeno dip will sure to become a family and friend favorite.
Why you will love Creamy Jalapeno Dip
Perfect Appetizer: Whether cooking for a crowd or grabbing your favorite dip for yourself, there is nothing better than upping your game day with a creamy dip.
Enter baked jalapeno popper dip -without mayo! These taste just like the original Jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese recipe but in DIP form!
Everyone should have a good arsenal of dip recipes ready at the helm for parties, picnics, BBQs, and just pure food enjoyment.
Simply oven-baked, this dip gathers all the best flavors of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with dense and delicious cream cheese that provides the base for LOADS of diced-up jalapenos.
Full of lots of cheese and savory cream cheese, this jalapeno dip is just LOADED with bits of fresh jalapenos. It’s yum, yum, good!
Please note that this recipe includes pictures of us making this recipe twice – with a different topping on each one. Note the recipe comments to see variations.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese works best when softened, so pull it out of the fridge and unwrap it for at least 15 minutes.
- Bacon – Make sure slices bacon are pre-cooked (here is a twisted bacon recipe, air fryer bacon recipe, and how to make bacon in the oven to make it easy for you)
- Types of cheese – We like to use shredded cheddar cheese & shredded mozzarella cheese; however, most shredded cheese types will work, and you can customize this based on your favorite cheese flavors. Try mixing up with Monterey Jack or Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Jalapeno peppers- Fresh diced jalapeno peppers (seeds removed) are really what brings the dip together. Use as few as 6 or as many as 8, depending on how pepper-heavy you want the dip.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Topping – The delicious dip topping consists of butter, crushed buttery round crackers or Panko breadcrumbs, and freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
How to make Jalapeno Popper Dip
Now let’s get started on making this easy-baked jalapeno popper dip.
Tasting very similar to Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos and a close cousin to Wonton Jalapeno Poppers, jalapeno popper dip is a delicious way to enjoy the sweet heat of jalapeno but in a cheesy, creamy (without mayo!) and totally football friendly dip.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set the casserole dish aside.
- Add softened cream cheese, fully cooked bacon, shredded mozzarella, and cheddar cheese, and combine all ingredients well.
- Stir in fresh jalapeno peppers and heavy cream and mix well.
- Spoon creamy jalapeño pepper dip into the prepared baking dish.
- Add butter, crushed crackers, and shredded OR grated Parmesan cheese to a small bowl.
- Mix well and sprinkle the crumb mixture on the uncooked popper dip.
- Bake dip in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve dip while hot and melty, and store leftovers in an airtight container.
How to add more heat to Jalapeno Dip
This dip also has a good kick, and you can expect some heat. That being said, if you want heat, add some Tabasco or Sriracha!
Watch the Video Recipe!
In the video recipe, we used SHREDDED parmesan cheese and CHEESE CRACKERS over Ritz Crackers!
Is Jalapeno Dip Keto Friendly?
But what about the crushed round crackers as the topping? Yep, it has a little bit, but it’s not a massive part of the dip, so portioned out correctly, you can still enjoy this dip with a tad bit of the topping.
Alternatively, skip the panko bread crumbs and crushed crackers to sprinkle freshly shaved Parmesan Cheese. (This is not the same as grated, so make sure it’s fresh)
Dietary Information: This jalapeno popper dip is Low Carb and KETO Friendly.
Disclaimer: Dietary information provided by Carb Manager. If you are on a KETO or Low Carb diet, always double-check your knowledge with this or My Fitness Pal based on the brands and weights you use.
I am not responsible for the calculations but try to provide as much information as possible for readers to make informed decisions.
This provided Keto Estimation is basing 1/4th cup of dip for each person as a serving.
Jalapeno Popper Dipper Ideas
A dip isn’t a dip with a dipper! If you want a low-carb or keto-friendly dip, make sure you do not blow it by serving bread or crackers.
- Buttery crackers like Ritz Crackers.
- Chips for dipping: Suggestions include homemade Tortilla Chips, Ruffles, or Fritos.
- Bread: Torn Bits of French Bread or Slices of French Bread Baguette Slices.
- Garlic Chips/Bagel Chips
- Pita Bread (or homemade pita chips)
Carb Friendly Dipper Ideas
- Raw veggies: Cut-up green, yellow, and red peppers, Celery sticks, and Baby Carrots are great choices.
- Carrot slices
- Cucumber rounds
- Cold pieces of Broccoli
Try making this dip with half green chilies and half diced jalapenos.
Related Dip Recipes
- Creamy tuna dip is another quickly done and easily enjoyed appetizer dip recipe.
- Looking for something sweet? If you haven’t tried this easy chocolate dip recipe, it’s a must for crowds and goes with everything from strawberries to graham crackers.
- A bacon spinach dip recipe will elevate normal common spinach recipes to their loaded potential.
- Need something quick? This no-bake cappuccino dip recipe may do just the trick.
- You may have heard of whipped feta dip, but this whipped feta cranberry dip recipe is even better.
- Loaded with heart-friendly garlic, this roasted garlic dip recipe will make everyone a fan.
- And lastly, I could not resist sharing our family favorite dip – Cherry Cheesecake Dip Recipe. It’s a truly 5-minute dip that looks beautiful on a pie plate but takes no cooking and no prep. We eat this up every holiday season and my kids insist on making it themselves.
Connect with Us!